Kona King Kahuna

andrewl":rouqzjs8 said:
stevek":rouqzjs8 said:
£400 sounds to me like a bargain.

In comparison to what I payed for mine I thought it sounded rather high...

Just comparing the history and £400 is cheap, a lot cheaper than what I paid. I guess if you buy a size that isn't the norm then you won't get the interest that'll boost the price?

stevek":33od59b2 said:
andrewl":33od59b2 said:
stevek":33od59b2 said:
£400 sounds to me like a bargain.

In comparison to what I payed for mine I thought it sounded rather high...

Just comparing the history and £400 is cheap, a lot cheaper than what I paid. I guess if you buy a size that isn't the norm then you won't get the interest that'll boost the price?

It could cost almost £600 to import an $800 frame into the UK, not sure why it should be that much different for other EU countries.

I really don't understand the eBay search engine. I had to faff about all over before finding that auction, and yet the title was one that on the face of it I should have picked up with my first search.

Yeah, it's a little puzzling why Paul won't be paying any taxes when we have to when importing over here. Isn't it the same rules across the EU then?

Found the KK first go. ;)

If you ask really nice, sometimes people will write a lower value on something like say a used bike frame :)

I always use the same search on ebay: kona titanium

You can narrow it to sporting goods, but I don't bother, and with this search I get all the Hei Hei frames and KK frames....and yes, the Score.

There is a danger with undervaluing and that's if it gets lost or damaged you can only claim what it's insured for. Careful packing is paramount!

That's very true. It's a risk for sure. But it's not something I would do that often. I paid plenty of tax on my Score. I think Danish taxes are some of the highest there are. :shock:

And Swedish... :roll: :roll:

Love the bike, simple and colourful. Like the way you picked different colours yet they still work really well together and with the detailling on the decals.

:cool:

Thanks, it was with the help of my friend, who owns Ben Ben Cykler here. The cranks, front skewer and the Avid break lever came rom his private stash of old goodies. :) Yes, all the components just seem to pick up on the colours in the decals. It was a beautiful accident! There were five of us in Skåneleden on Sunday. Fantastic riding! (I was on my Intense 5.5, not the single speed.) I'm from Canada, and the Swedish landscape made me feel a little at home. Can't wait to go back!

As for taxes, I think we have to give the prize to our neighbours in Norway...

Back