Ally's Raleigh.

Excellent :cool: Really lovely bike you've built there.

You're right about the 600 stuff. I've got some in the spares box but no suitable bike to put it on at the moment :roll:

Steve.

Nice work - looks awesome!

Except, except, except - the 531 sticker is wrong - it's the one used on lower end bikes that only have a 531 main triangle. Get the right one and it's perfect!

Cheers guys, great to get nice feedback from you.

Terry, good call on the 531 sticker.

I'm led to believe the Select 600 was 531 competition tubing, the seat-stays are slightly smaller diameter than the standard tube-set. Technical information seams rather sparse, but the previous owner is very knowlegable on the bike.

Yes, your right though, I may well try and source the correct one.

I'm just trying to get the finishing touch to the bike working, so I'll put up a few more pics in a day or so.

Many thanks again for the comments though folks.

That’s a very nice bike and it looks superb.

I really must find myself a new Raleigh project. I think I’m going to go look for something the same age as me (1974,) or it that going just a bit to far.
;)

Think I've finally got this complete now.

Got an old Avocet for it.

April2011007.jpg

Done a few miles on it.

April2011010.jpg

Got the correct tubing decals.

April2011022.jpg

Done more miles.

April2011034.jpg

April2011035.jpg

Done about 200miles or so on it. I've got Scotland coast to coast in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure this will be the bike I'll do it on. It really does ride great.

Was out with pals the other day and the Raleigh stood out amongst all the carbon bikes, looked great and rode very well.

Back