'90 Yeti Ultimate - The ultimate Ultimate (Update 7/7/11)

ameybrook":1a8lbryb said:
mfh126":1a8lbryb said:
Which one(s) in particular did you notice were incorrect? (I'm striving for perfection here!)

"Middle" cable stop should be the front derailleur, and it should be routed inside the seatstay.
I think you're right. I just checked the Yeti catalogs and they show the front derailleur cable routed as you indicated. What's the benefit to routing the cables like that? I think it looks cleaner my way, without the overly big loop behind the seat tube.

ameybrook":lq0xd3c9 said:
No, I'm pretty sure it was available in 1990. Herbold rocked one in the DH in Durango.

FWIW, Mombat shows it was...

My fault :cry: , had the 1992 MBA advt in Mind.
But the A.R.C prototype and the Furtado C-26 are both equiped with Hyperlites.
shame on me...

Maybe the rear cable rooting is a matter of taste, but there is no need for a overly big loop behind the seat tube...

Attachments

• ulti14.jpg
    ulti14.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,199
mfh126":3lorq2se said:
Thanks fellas! :cool: I had lots of fun sourcing parts and building this one, but it's my last for a little while. I have a couple more frames that I'd like to build, however, finding time will be more difficult with baby #2 coming in a couple weeks. :D

So you are going to leave us hanging with the 1988 Mongoose John Tomac Signature? That is brutal. ;)

I'm sticking with the routing that I used. ;) Here's the schematic I followed, which shows the rear derailleur cable in the middle position with the front cable in the bottom position. Sorry for the crap picture.

Attachments

• Yeti Ultimate cable routing.jpg
    Yeti Ultimate cable routing.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,183
ez054098":1bhsta4q said:
mfh126":1bhsta4q said:
Thanks fellas! :cool: I had lots of fun sourcing parts and building this one, but it's my last for a little while. I have a couple more frames that I'd like to build, however, finding time will be more difficult with baby #2 coming in a couple weeks. :D

So you are going to leave us hanging with the 1988 Mongoose John Tomac Signature? That is brutal. ;)
Yep, I sure am! :oops: ;)

I made a few changes so I would actually get out and ride this bike. I couldn't bring myself to use the NOS wheels or Bullseye cranks, so I moved some bits from my Boulder onto the Yeti. I prefer the less-flashy look of the black components anyway. ;)

IMAG0012.jpg

Back