'90 Yeti Ultimate - The ultimate Ultimate (Update 7/7/11)

Thanks fellas! :cool: I had lots of fun sourcing parts and building this one, but it's my last for a little while. I have a couple more frames that I'd like to build, however, finding time will be more difficult with baby #2 coming in a couple weeks. :D

Small changes I'd make since its 95% perfect-

The cables should routed different, as shown in this pic

DSCN5562.jpg

Also, and this may be pure preference, but you're going to get much better performance from that rear tire mounted the opposite direction.

ameybrook":3toy6www said:
Small changes I'd make since its 95% perfect-

The cables should routed different, as shown in this pic

Also, and this may be pure preference, but you're going to get much better performance from that rear tire mounted the opposite direction.

Thanks Mike, but I have the Yeti schematic for the Ultimate, and I followed it when I ran the cables. Which one(s) in particular did you notice were incorrect? (I'm striving for perfection here!) I know the order of the top tube cables is correct, and I don't recall the schematic showing the front derailleur cable running between the seat stays like the FRO. ;)

As for the rear tire, I have IRC Mythos XC rear tires that have a similar center "paddle" tread pattern that face the same direction as I have the rear Psycho facing, so I figured it was correct. I'll try reversing it as you suggest. Thanks!

mfh126":nl8da6ea said:
Which one(s) in particular did you notice were incorrect? (I'm striving for perfection here!)

"Middle" cable stop should be the front derailleur, and it should be routed inside the seatstay.

also the Hyperlite is not realy time-correct for a 1990 Ultimate.(but only counts by looking for perfection ;-) )
As i remember, the Hyperlite apears in 1992.

Lars

Back