WTD: 1992 GT Bravado --> Frameset or complete bike

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Following on from this thread, where I lament missing out on a frame & fork I really wanted because eBay logged me out just as went to bid, I thought it was about time to console myself and put up a wanted ad.

I had a 1992 GT Bravado back in 1992 which was a bike of many firsts.
First race, first overnight MTB trip, first big epic rides etc. etc.
It was a bike full of memories which was ridden hard, had several transmissions worn out and replaced, got resprayed twice, and eventually sold on after several years of faithful ownership.

If there was one bike that encapsulates the essence of my personal cycling experience in the early 90's that would be it.

If anyone here has what I'm looking for and wants to make a deal, then please, please get in touch.

The important details:

- Definitely need the frame, in yellow and preferably still with decals, size 18"
- Would like the original forks included.
- Would also like the original flip flop stem.
- The frame would ideally include the brake and front mech cable guides, seat binder, headset and the rear U-brake.

This is what I'd like to get back:
92Bravado-Mam-Tor.jpg

92BravadoBMF93.jpg

Any offers or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Paul I don't have the bike but I have the team scream shirt that will fit you ;) pm me if its any use :cool:

Cheers Lee, I still have my long sleeve Team Scream top and matching shiney thermal jacket too. I gave away the short sleeve one I'm wearing in that photo many years ago, so a replacement would be good. Thanks.

Still need the bike to wear it all with though.

Hi, saw your wanted and comments on your photo. Just contacting via retrobike as requested. I've got a bravado in yellow with all original decals but I think it is about 20inch. It's had very little use as I got injured soon after buying back in the 90s. Never got back into cycling since. It's gathering dust at mates house at the mo, but I can get it back, measure it and post some photos if you're interested.

If your still looking for a 1992 GT Bravado I have one. Other than the fork, stem, seat and rear derailleur it is all original (18" center to center) in yellow and blue.

Back