Dawes Lightning 1979 10spd

TimKodd

Dirt Disciple
This is now on eBay as I've decided it is too big for me:

http://tinyurl.com/6jrhh4q

Here is my Vintage Retro Dawes Lightning Road Bike dating from roughly 1979 (serial number on rear dropout). Since I've had it I have fitted two new 27" tyres and inner tubes, repaired the gears and brakes, trued the wheels, added new cables, added a new saddle from Velo Solo and some new bar tape.

I have been riding it to work for a few weeks sorting out all the little issues and decided I can't live the size of it.

There is an old sticker for Heatleys cycles on the frame which is an old bike shop in Preston which now doesn't exist but I remember going in there when I was younger.

There are some lovely little details on the bike from the engravings on the drop bars to the gold highlighting on the lugs. There is no identification as to what make of tubing the frame is made from but as far as bikes go it certainly isn'f the heaviest for an old bike. It has some nice little groove detailing on the rims to help brake performance I suppose but it does look nice.

Dawes14.jpg

Dawes01.jpg

Dawes02.jpg

Dawes03.jpg

Dawes04.jpg

Dawes05.jpg

Dawes06.jpg

Dawes07.jpg

Dawes08.jpg

Dawes09.jpg

Dawes10.jpg

Dawes11.jpg

Dawes12.jpg

Dawes13.jpg

i sold a rusty version of this last year for £150 nice geometry, nice looking dawes..

Back