show us your gt's

My GT STS 2

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

gm1230126":t9fjn7am said:
In a quest to complete the older Avalacnhes I hammered this one out of the past two nights. 1991 GT Avalanche in Daktari White. Have had this frame hanging in the basement for almost two years, it's an eBay pick-up that was $45 for stem, fork and frame. Had most all the original parts aside from XT upgrades on the derailleurs in inventory. Somewhere in a box is that elusive painted to match stem....you know how it goes...just can't seem to find it at the moment. Enjoy

I remember watching that auction . The selling price is why I decided to not list my 90 Avalanche. Any chance you have a rigid GT fork that will fit a 20" Avalanche? I want to start riding this bike. I believe the Scott Unishock it came with has a 195mm steerer. BTW your GT collection is awesome!

my 91 tequesta in rare purple haize and original suntour groupset, i do have the original z max but there perished now and i replaced the sponge grips and front brakecable
Photo117.jpg

Photo011.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Loki":2euku32m said:
gm1230126":2euku32m said:
In a quest to complete the older Avalacnhes I hammered this one out of the past two nights. 1991 GT Avalanche in Daktari White. Have had this frame hanging in the basement for almost two years, it's an eBay pick-up that was $45 for stem, fork and frame. Had most all the original parts aside from XT upgrades on the derailleurs in inventory. Somewhere in a box is that elusive painted to match stem....you know how it goes...just can't seem to find it at the moment. Enjoy

I remember watching that auction . The selling price is why I decided to not list my 90 Avalanche. Any chance you have a rigid GT fork that will fit a 20" Avalanche? I want to start riding this bike. I believe the Scott Unishock it came with has a 195mm steerer. BTW your GT collection is awesome!

Do you Loki have a pic of your Avalanche?

donny70":1bvnmzbc said:
My GT STS 2]

such an amazing front end, those forks suit the sts perfectly. its like they were made specifically for the bike! great looking rig!

Back