Bargain Ebay bike lights

Never done this sort of thing before, so I guess it would be a case of soldering an old battery cartridge with wire's so I could get a direct feed out the back (or wherever), and put a connector on there to hook up whatever I wished. Can't be 'that' hard.

BTW, just found 3x AA headlights on ebay although it's it's only 260 lumen :-(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AA-battery-3-...454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b914899e

Will need to confirm it's AA and not AAA though.

UPDATE: Jut ordered this 4x AA battery holder for an experiment. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280626489247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Would love to lose the extra 0.3v (from 4.8v down to 4.5v for safety), but don't know how to do that?

EDIT: Totally off-topic, but only just found out that with P7 LED's, the current best 'bin' to go for is D-bin. It get's 800-900 lumen where C-bin only get's 700-800 lumen apparently. (Back on topic of waiting for all my little goodies to turn up lol).

and back on topic: Think we could get teh LED and star circuit out of this for £7.83? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultrafire-CRE...7567182?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item335ca3bece

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If anyone wants to go halves on one of those XR-E 7090 LEDs to upgrade there light, I'd be up for it :) The postage is free is you order two or more it seems (anything above £10 euro's, which two of these are.

The cost for two leds delivered is £10.58 (so about 5.23 per led) about 50p more if you want two years warranty with them. I might just get two myself anyway as i have money sitting in paypal.

Edit: Also, I know it is cheeky, but if anyone has a broken front light 5w cree that i could buy the casing from them or even just the triple aaa cartridge for me to experiment on, I would really appreciate it.

hello. i know i'm late coming in on this but can you tell me if the link on the first page is still the one you use. it seems the first few pages are talking about oversea's and a different price. i'm looking for some lights to do the ''every now and then dark pedal'' is the opinion still that these lights ''off the shelf with no up-grades'' a good one something you can throw on even over sized handle bars and see where your going. i don't want to spend £70 plus on something i will only be using every now and then. thanks for any info.

The main (decent) seller it seems is a guy called "go_market" on ebay. So in ebay, just type '5w cree bike' and look for his name in sales (or search for him instead), and order from him.

As standard they last for over 3 hours, although I would recommend getting rechargables. I recommend Sanyo Eneloop batteries, they are excellent and work well in cold weather as well. Only 2000mah, but bear in mind they hold their charge better than other batteries.

BTW... if you look up '17w LED' on ebay you will find a similar light to these one's. I'm tempted to order one to check out if they are actually brighter or not (The batteries will defo not last as long if they are brighter).

Soon as my 5w units turn up, I'll let you know how good they are in the dark as I'm due to start cycling to work (10 miles each way) after not cycling for about 15 years since I was a kid.... and as I live on the moor's it's very dark, so will need them for the roads. Bear in mind spring/summer is coming though and it's gettting lighter everyday.

hi scouger. thanks for the reply these are the one's i'm talking about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5w-LED-Mountain-B ... 4cf5127ab6 good luck with your cycling to work, it will be hard work to start with i'm sure. we intend to do some over night camping which will include bikes so a late night pedal will be on the books thats why i'm interested in these lights.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Should be fine, but can get that same product cheaper from other sellers. Expect the rear light bracket to break, use another bracket if possible.

I bought two sets, just waiting for them to turn up.

Also, as mentioned, a couple of the guys have replaced the original LED with a better one and made it MUCH brighter, but halves battery life to 90 minutes.

ok. not bothered about the rear as it will not be used. i will have a look at other sellers. i don't want to send abroad if i can help it because of the waiting time. cheer's.

Latest posts

Back