1993 Zaskar Build

Nice to see this coming together

looking good

I'm hoping the shifts will be as sweet as they were on mine

Cheers mate :D

I'm just waiting for some XT gear cables to come into stock on chain reaction and i'll have them hooked up.

Right, bikes done and had its first ride :LOL:

I'm sure you'll notice it looks a bit different :shock:. Basically once the bike was built up the early decals where just not working for me, really didn't suit my build which is a shame but decided to just sticker it to suit the bike!

Plus I think its all about building that childhood dream bike and this is it for me now. I love it :LOL:

So thanks to Gil for another set of decals sent out super quick :p

Some pictures....

SAM_0860.jpg

SAM_0861.jpg

SAM_0862.jpg

SAM_0863.jpg

SAM_0867.jpg

Comments welcome :p

Last edited:
looks great! personally i think it looked well wicked with the 92 graphics. hows the ride? did you take it on the trails?

nice ian. looks as good as the time and care put into it.
well worth the wait.
brilliant ride aren't they?
threw mine over some decent drop offs and it loved it

Thanks guys :)

It rode great ! Its funny but it felt just like my avalanche did back in '96, felt like I was riding that again only with shocks.

I need to look at the back brake as its not working correcttly, doesn't seem to want to adjust center so went I release the brake one side is still hitting the pad but i'll sort that and the gears are not 100% but for a first ride it went well. Nothing fell off anyway lol

I didn't go anything to taxing with it, did about 6 miles of road riding but it was nice and smooth :)

It was weird but it seemed like I was getting a lot of looks admiring it haha

Ian W":199gsfrk said:
Thanks guys :)

I need to look at the back brake as its not working correcttly, doesn't seem to want to adjust center so went I release the brake one side is still hitting the pad but i'll sort that
Ihaha

sounds like a quarter turn or so either way of the little phillips head spring adjustment screw should sort that. it will centre the brake for you

Latest posts

Back