Tyre wobble

FluffyChicken":3q70j7rw said:
Scarfacexxx08":3q70j7rw said:
Well the soap trick didn't work, they were folded when they arrived but they're folding tyres? i'll try moving the tyre and see if that makes a difference. hopefully its just inner tube.

Did you get them from Merlin Evo Snakes 2.25"
That's where my new ones came from a few weeks ago. I left them unfolded for a while (honestly, as I then didn't get around to fit them :LOL:).
Fitted some old inner tubes and pumped them up to 60PSI (on XC717 rim). Pop right in to place but left them like that till I went riding.

Yeah thats where i got these ones, i've left them at 60psi i'm going out on a gentle ride tomorrow. should i keep em at 60? or bring em down to 50?

Scarfacexxx08":21okofy3 said:
FluffyChicken":21okofy3 said:
Scarfacexxx08":21okofy3 said:
Well the soap trick didn't work, they were folded when they arrived but they're folding tyres? i'll try moving the tyre and see if that makes a difference. hopefully its just inner tube.

Did you get them from Merlin Evo Snakes 2.25"
That's where my new ones came from a few weeks ago. I left them unfolded for a while (honestly, as I then didn't get around to fit them :LOL:).
Fitted some old inner tubes and pumped them up to 60PSI (on XC717 rim). Pop right in to place but left them like that till I went riding.

Yeah thats where i got these ones, i've left them at 60psi i'm going out on a gentle ride tomorrow. should i keep em at 60? or bring em down to 50?
The 60 should pop all the beads into place, I just left them so the shape might be moulded from the folding. New tyres are not something I know about as these are my first brand new pair since probably the Rip/Rail I bought back in the day, well apart from a Conti Travel Contact in say 2001.
I just let air out to normal riding pressure. Think they take 30/35PSI can't remember. But that'll depend on your weight/ground for what you run it at.
Quite impressed with them myself and they're comfy and quick on the road as well. Mud clearance on my Kona is just ok though the chain shaves the mud of the tyre when it was sticky :LOL:

Could using a hairdryer to heat the tyre up a little then pump it upto 60 quickly help? or would it damage the tyre? Could there be a fault with the tyre?

Probably teaching grandad to suck eggs but are you sure the tyre is seated properly? I say this with feeling as I took a wheel that appeared to have a wobble to the LBS recently and I hadn't seated it properly on the rim.

Felt a bit embarrassed as they were skin walls so a visual check should easily have have alerted me to the error of my ways! .....so it may be worth checking the fitting line on the tyre if there is one!

Lubricated the bead (not the rim) after you have mounted the tyre before you inflate it. As said earlier diluted washing-up liquid is a suitable lubricant as long as you wash it off afterwards.

I have a fireXC pro with the same issue - the tyre is at fault in my case but I rode it for months before being annoyed enough to do anything about it. It is either a manufacturing defect probably caused by a tyre being removed from the mould wrongly/too early or something to do with the way the tyre was stored in the shop, although I think this is less likely.

Back