White Industries stuff

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello there,

I am looking for some info on the White Industries Cranks, hubs, and BB's.

I am pretty sure that I want some but don't really know that much. Things like, what should I look for, are there any variants, what length BB axle would I need etc etc.

Cheers muchly
Tim

You know, White Industries is still making parts in Sonoma County, California-you might email them with questions-Doug White is pretty easygoing and answers any questions I pose to him,

Thanks FairfaxPat. I may well get intouch about BB spindle length required for the cranks, but otherwise i was after objective opinions from those that have owned or used them.

Thanks.
Anyone else?

i can vouch for their rear 'eno eccentric' hub for SS use. truly bulletproof durability and set-and-forget functionality. i've used one on on my primary XC bike for a year or so and wouldn't use anything else.

their eno cranks use a proprietary splined chainring, which makes replacements single-source and hard to come by in an emergency. not for me, thanks. their older cranks use a traditional spider however.

their BBs are brand new and pricy. no personal experience, but a friend who wrenches professionally has installed a couple and feels they are every bit as nice as phil.

I have plenty of old and new White industries hub, all disc,

I started useing their 3 bolt disc hubs that were specific for the ROCKSHOX disc brakes from around 1997 and still have 1 set of wheels that have never been looked at in all the time i have owned them and are silky smooth runners.

They also have been used every day for most of that time.

So when i built a modern build of a GT LTS frame i aquired NOS off ebay i built it useing their latest set of hubs with the 6 bolt pattern instead of the 3 bolt pattern on their older hubs and a year on there still running lovely.

If you do go for th retro 3 bolt disc hubs beware that the spacing is 126mm and you need a spacer which can be obtained from White Industries.

I too have contacted White Industries and have only praise for them and the way they do business.

I say go for it!

I've got some Cranks on my Marin Palisades-base tourer. They are really shiny and go well with the TA rings.

Early cranks were made tby them, later by Sugino I think.

PM me with a good offer and I'd consider selling.

hamster, are these def the USA ones? I thought that the ones often fitted to Marin's were the Japanese ones. If yours do say Made in the USA on the back of the arms then I may well make you an offer. Please confirm.

Thanks
Tim

whiteindustsus.jpg

WI suspension hub with mavic rim, for sale :)

Back