And today I did......

Collected my new Orange E3 frame last night :) , very pleased with it, seller (marc-two-tone) threw in a crud catcher (frame has bolts for this under the downtube) and a nice pair of rigid alloy forks, the forks are converted 700c items so not sure if i'll be using them, have the nice alloy forks off my original E3 anyway. Build will be at my usual pace, three months or so, unless i strip the Zaskar.

Going to start painting the Clunker frame this weekend, need to also get some riding done this weekend though, got a crappy training course on today :roll: , noticed the brakes on the DH8 are seizing up through lack of use :(, was thinking the other day i havent been out since Pitlochry :oops:

clockworkgazz":mlltp2fr said:
that is a fine looking bike my man- you getting the fat lurv feeling yet?
God help me, but I might have preferred it arse in the air with the lower rise stem and narrow bars :shock: Need a proper run on it to be sure... can I tell the difference between it and the Stumpy? Not really, and the weight weenie build just makes it more difficult to compare. I love the lightweight and instant acceleration though :)

I do think you need to be a very "at one with the bike" rider to tell the difference between the wicked and a nice prestige stumpie (well more at one than I am anyway) but for me it's more than that- the history and the fact that Fat was something I knew about and pawed over BITD makes them even more special. Mind you the Yo does ride in a special way those wickeds are a bit pants :twisted:

Bought a new car tonight :) , was looking for another car as my Polo is needing quite a bit of work done on it now after a harsh winter of neglect, so i bought another older Polo, er, needing work done on it.

There is logic in there somewhere :LOL:

yeh - I got rid of my old ('96) landrover at the end of last summer because I was fed up getting it welded every year prior to MOTs and it had started to develop numerous "characteristics" - then I just bought a much much much older ('67) landrover :oops: :oops:

clockworkgazz":1vbf4489 said:
I do think you need to be a very "at one with the bike" rider to tell the difference between the wicked and a nice prestige stumpie (well more at one than I am anyway) but for me it's more than that- the history and the fact that Fat was something I knew about and pawed over BITD makes them even more special. Mind you the Yo does ride in a special way those wickeds are a bit pants :twisted:
Hadn't heard of FAT till I joined the site :oops: They do seem to have a bit of a following though (ahem) so I'll have to take the word of those more sensitive souls who can feel they're riding something a bit special.

Anyway, took the FAT up the Pentlands yesterday, where I was immediately out-niched by a couple of unicyclists :D Seems like a lot of walking up the hills is involved, left me wondering if it might not be a niche too far, probably more suited somewhere flatter and more technical.

So the bullmoose bars leave me strangely cold. With more width and rise, they do feel more natural when you get on the bike, but I prefer it more with the Ritchey weight weenie stem and bars - it required more concentration, and I enjoyed the rides more. I think I may go back to them :shock: Can't believe I'm contemplating that.

Today I arrived to late to catch ma boy Mikee so I had a scout about on my todd well it was a Kona actually. Bloody hell was it cold (again) got home with numb feet and hands, I must review my riding attire (even its Retro) :oops:

Mike how did you a Shed fair? :)

well today i looked at my paypal balance and got a shock , i've spent almost £400 in 3 days :shock:

on the plus side , i have some nice things coming my way this coming week :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'm gona have a huge clearout and sell some bikes and look into buying a fat next :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back