Buying back a memory... nearly.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just missed out on a frame & fork I really wanted because eBay logged me out just as went to bid.

This wasn't just any old bike though.
I had a 1992 GT Bravado back in 1992 which was a bike of many firsts.
First race, first overnight MTB trip, first big epic rides etc. etc.

It was a bike full of memories which was ridden hard, had several transmissions worn out and replaced, got resprayed twice, and eventually sold on after several years of faithful ownership.

If there was one bike that captured the essence of my personal cycling experience in the early 90's that would be it.

Anyway, I'd watched the auction all week and dutifully put in the opening bid, fully intending to bid high and win, only to lose out due to a technicality.

This is the auction in question: ---> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_950
, and if anyone here won it and wants to make a deal then please, please get in touch.

Right now I'm just a bit gutted.

I still have my memories though:
92BravadoBMF93.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Contact the winner via the seller? If has no personal reasons for buying it, he might take plus a ten or a twenty as a quick profit?

Gutted for you paul.....

It happened to me before like that with the stupid ebay login at random times :x

enter my highest bid the day before now and leave it....

mm

Use a sniper to bid for you, I can recommend www.gixen.com plus it gives you the option of withdrawing a snipe before the auction ends if you find something else or change your mind. I know it takes away that heart thumping in your chest thrill of the countdown and getting your last second bid in. Sometimes you need to be more ruthless.

^^cheating^^
Why not just enter what you are happy to pay... :?

It is supposed to be an auction after all....if you really really want something then just put 100 pounds in if you think it will make 20....works for me :LOL:

Similar happened to me recently when I missed out on a Clockwork that was the same as the one I longed for bitd. :(

marin man":2p4sr68v said:
^^cheating^^ Why not just enter what you are happy to pay... :?

:LOL: I used to think that too, ebay like a man I thought!

Now I use Gixen too for a couple of reasons,

1. It stops me bidding higher at the last minute than I intended too.

2. It stops the other guy bidding at the last minute higher than he wanted to as well and beating me! :LOL:

Join the revolution MM. :D

yep and as a seller as well it stops you getting a decent price for your items as the auction ends when someone has not entered their highest bid.....

I start all my items at the minumum I am happy to take now rather than wait til the last minute with no bids and two crafty gits enter three quid and try to rob you ;)

Back