"cafe-racer"---kona custom build finished.

I love a good Kona :D
And this is a very good kona.

You pleased with how it rides or have you not been out on it much?

the ride

I took it out of the box on the 19th, and finished it last thing yesterday.

so i havent ridden it at all yet, however, im looking forward to tomoro(sat) nite after work, going out for a play all being well.

Im looking forward to reviewing the tyres especially, heard very good things about them.

Its going to be nice to have a little well spec"d travel up front too.

Watch this space...!!!! :shock:

very nice bud.. :cool: very striking and fresh livery :cool: ..another masterpiece pulled out the bag..top job from a topman :cool:

Ernie ;)

Very nice :cool: only thing I don't like is the brown grips, saddle etc sorry :oops: but that's because I just don't like brown

thank you

fellas thank you for taking time to post...

Did have doubts ref the brown myself......not something ive ever had on a mountain bike before..... only ever had brown on cruisers.

had a quick ride very late last nite, got to say so far im loving the tyres, :cool:

When they arrived, i was worried they were a bit overkill, in terms of width, and thought they may be like tractor tread. :roll:

However, they really are good, only having done a street ride in the dark so far, i can say.....they dont make the dreadful humm, that bigger tyres tend to do. And they have brilliant grip.

they corner very well, and feel solid beneath me, and being that bit wider than i normally use, they were fantastic for riding down flights of steps.......... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And i was equally impressed at the performance of the fox fork, very smooth, with exceptional rebound and compression....!!!!

I am glad i didnt go mad when buying a replacement cassette though, i reckon i could do with a smaller ratio than what i currently have, i may end up trying a 9speed ultegra cassette, with a short cage rear mech. :roll:

Back