My Journey. GT build (WARNING! Reebok content)

love the GT build. how does it handle with the 140mm travel forks. it was something i was looking at doing but thought that amount of travel would not handle well.

hesdownagain":1a8w5i86 said:
love the GT build. how does it handle with the 140mm travel forks. it was something i was looking at doing but thought that amount of travel would not handle well.

hi and thanks bud :).. to be fair i'd say i'm only running 120mm after 'sag' but handles great :) having riden the black xcr frame on both 100mm then the 140's it handles like a dream and you can tell the frame deserved the longer forks

hesdownagain":39xu926a said:

update on that lol

have changed stems and gone to a hope freeride 50mm (previous was a 110mm).. certainly has helped with being able to lift the front wheel up! and switchbacks when climbing are a tad more balanced :)

the later aggressors/avalanches are designed for longer forks btw.. they come with either 120's or 140's.. well did do lol. the aggressor is no more!!! halfords have lost GT (at last). poor kona and boardman!!!

DSCN1693.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1691.jpg

thanks for the update, it's looking sweet now. i have done the same on my sanction used a shorter stem andi as made e handling a lot better. still work in progress on using the longer fork on the i-drive it's a early one and i'm not sure it would take the extra length.

hesdownagain":23c27q24 said:
thanks for the update, it's looking sweet now. i have done the same on my sanction used a shorter stem andi as made e handling a lot better. still work in progress on using the longer fork on the i-drive it's a early one and i'm not sure it would take the extra length.

should be fine upto 140 bud.. and as i said, if you use a say 140mm air fork then once 'sag' is factored in its around 120mm.. which an early idrive should be fine with...

now i like this build thread a lot!

what a place to end up from where you started :)

my addiction is red personally, check out my mountaincycle moho for evidence

well done with yours, it looks great!

i thank you sir :).. and nice looking red 'ano amazingness' you have your self lol!!!

aside from blue bore caps (watch this space) i think ive maxed out the hope 'blue anno goodness' now and theres deffo no more hope components to get (ok maybe match maker clamps at some point lol) for now.. but it does seem that hope crank arms and chain rings are on the horizon :)

1296562682916-o2wgd88tgmss-500-90-500-70.jpg

1296562682944-1vh7geyzpsuhv-500-90-500-70.jpg

Back