Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Just bought this Raleigh Dynatech Diablo, its pretty mint just needs new tyres and a bit of a polish.

P3011158.jpg

Dynatechrider":31xplzbu said:
Hello friends of" Special Product Division" ,

today I would like to show you my Winterbike. The M-Trax Ti 2000 accompanied me reliable by, from September to February.

Dynatechrider

Like how you use your Dynatechs

DIABLO

That DIABLO is very nice, never seen this colour on one before, in IRELAND we only had yellow DX, and blue LX models. What group set is on it?

'94 Diablo LX

just collected a 19" purple with (plastic coated) ti main tubes & UGLI ti legged fork Dynatech with no decals that I believe to be a Diablo LX. It only has the black LX parallax front hub, cantis & front mech left, the rest has been replaced with cheap crap. 4 bolt chainset looks like Specialized. Ti (?) bars - dead straight with no bend. Very tight seatpost which came out with a fight & I can't read the size. Anyone know?
Serial no starts with E so a '94 I have deduced from this thread.
Will get it assembled next week & post photos.

Re: DIABLO

D nelson":1q5ahx9o said:
That DIABLO is very nice, never seen this colour on one before, in IRELAND we only had yellow DX, and blue LX models. What group set is on it?

Thanks, well impressed with finding it it was advertised on a local ads page for £50.00, dont think it has hardly been used not off road as the fella put slick tyres on just to use on the road.

As for the groupset it is all Deore DX, no plans to change anything on it apart from new tyres.

Regards

Pat

i used to have a ti 2000 and loved it,
at the time i had a green and black dyna tech,ti 1000 and a cannondale m800
so i sold the m trax bikes and kept the dyna tech and cannondale,what a mistake that was.....
the cannondale just did not feel safe at all

'94 Diablo (?) with stripped r/mech hanger

Started work on this now only to have my fears confirmed that the r/m hanger threads are stripped. Rats - need a fix for that.
Also, playing with a magnet I find that only the top & down tubes are ti. Seat tube, stays & legs of the UGLI are steel. Are those dead straight bars in same plastic coat as the main tubes ti? I need some sweep on my bars so they'll be for sale.
Also, where to get decals - has gil _ m done any for owners on here?

Re: '94 Diablo (?) with stripped r/mech hanger

jimbo-xc":2d8n7goi said:
Started work on this now only to have my fears confirmed that the r/m hanger threads are stripped. Rats - need a fix for that.
Also, playing with a magnet I find that only the top & down tubes are ti. Seat tube, stays & legs of the UGLI are steel. Are those dead straight bars in same plastic coat as the main tubes ti? I need some sweep on my bars so they'll be for sale.
Also, where to get decals - has gil _ m done any for owners on here?

Hey there jimbo-xc, it's true, just the top and down tube only are Ti.
Regarding the "plastic" coating. It's just clear powder lacquer.

Cheers.

Back