What do you call those removable sleeves roadies use?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need some for commuting - those sleeves that you just pull up your arms to keep them warm.

Anybody got some they'd sell cheap?

orange71":39cgv6lu said:
I need some for commuting - those sleeves that you just pull up your arms to keep them warm.

Any
body got some they'd sell cheap?

Hey Ed, Id recommend a pair of DE FEET arm warmers..they dont creep up & down your arms....I too used to think they were a roadie thing until i used em ;)

OK - cheers for the tip. I'm finding that when commuting on a cold day when I wear my rainproof over my normal shirt my arms still get cold, but I don't want to wear thermal layer as I get too hot!

Sounds like you need some of those removable sleeves roadies use.
I use them and they are good - ideal under a mac, er, waterproof. Mine came from Aldi for £3..

Aldi

Theres nowt wrong with that..3.00 quid! ALDI do some decent kit..Perfect for that winter commute ;)

Ed, if you havent got any by the wobble let me know and I'll bring a pair as I have 2 (or 4 depending on which way you want to look at it :LOL: )

I may be alone in this, but I wear a windproof rather than a rainproof - and a running windproof at that. My 'reasoning' is that:

1. mostly it doesn't rain
2. a running windproof is warm enough over bare arms, but not sweaty-warm, just always comfortable
3. if it rains, I put on a thin rainproof on top.

Consequently I've never felt a need for arm warmers.

Just decided these make sense too and bought some.

Only ones I could find that weren't insulated with fleece (too warm for me) were the Gore N2S (Next 2 Skin) windstopper ones and I can recommend them Ed.

:D

Back