south west roll call!!! show us your ugly mug!!!

Oooo im josh
From plymouth.
Always been in plymouth.
Im not as well travelled as some of you so dont know my way round, i only ride cann woods and plym valley as thats the only place i know where to ride :oops:
I dont own a retrobike as of yet but have a hardrock gsx which is slowly getting built.
Interested in travelling further but i dont drive so is a tricky one as i dont like riding to a place to ride, seems a chore :LOL:

eager to meet the retrobike massive though :cool:
Ta da

09072011084.jpg

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss245/cyfa89/09072011083.jpg

OK... I'm Nick
Currently I live in Torbay and grew up down here...
Was really into the nineties mountain biking era, and spent pretty much all of my free time either training or racing back then.
Raced as juvenile for a shop called Paignton cycles, then raced for Simply the Bike in Torquay here I raced in juvenile and junior categories, was given a couple of Konas to race on for them in that time.
I did race in the sport/elite category but studying was getting in the way of my training and I quit.
Owned a Marin, an Orange clockwork, one KHS, 2 Konas and now got a non-retro Trek fuel 80... but in the middle of restoring a 92 Clockwork.

This is a great website, a few familiar faces on here.... Am looking forward to catching up with people in person in the near future

Anyway enough Bull... here's a pic of me back in the day...

Attachments

• Downhilling 01.jpg
    Downhilling 01.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8,353
Hi all, this is me;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldona/2998310473/in/set-72157608611934616/

(You'll have to click the linky i'm afraid)

As the name suggests, i'm a bit of a hoarder, can't resist a retro wreck to get stuck into. Although, if i had more time maybe they would get finished! :roll:

My fleet is as follows;

1990 Sirius 531
1993 Cannondale M700
1993 GT RTS1
199? Orange E3
199? Kona Sex One
1997 Kona Muni Mula
1998 Kona Humu Humu Nuku Nuku A'poa
1997 Specialized FSR Ground Control
1998 Specialized FSR Comp
1999 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2000 DMR Trailstar
2000 Marin Rift Zone
2001 Trek 4500 Alpha
200? Schwinn Mesa

Got a few odd frames lurking - 92 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, and a Roberts White Spider, oh, and a couple of retro(ish) road bikes!!

Gallery is here (yes, needs updating!).

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38191

My names James and Ive not had a drink for 12 hrs ....

Whoops wrong webpage ! I live in the FoD , been Mtbing on and off for 22 years(and still rubbish on a bike)

Im ML,MR and lurk around generally

Current bikes are :

'88 Wicked Fat Chance -in build/bit soon to be single speed
'91 Yo Fat Chance - in build/bits full resto
'11 Cube AMS 110 Pro- almost shop fresh

I'm often around if your in the area :cool:

Attachments

• MOV FAT.jpg
    MOV FAT.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8,267
Hi, I have just found this .... I like bikes!
I am residing in Dorsetshire and recently rode the Dorset Dirt 50km on my purple lavadome which has been single speeded.( the only mountain bike I own)
I am up for any local rides and will check out the south west pages more often.
Earth technology baffles me which is why I can't load any pictures!..but kirbdug and tibolt know who I am.
Big love to you all :cool:

oh just found this, im jon (currently tubby jon) im 29 been into bikes since i was 12 , during my 29 years ive had a peugeot ranger when i was about 8 a peugeot flame a raleigh activator :roll: a gt outpost a build centred around an azonic KZ2 frame oh i missed the kirk revolution.... probably for the best... erm, then after an injury and a car license i went off the bike radar for a while .. ok.. 10 years.. but im back now and am still stuck in a time warp! an early-mid 90's time warp but im coming around to the new tech (i have to im a part time bike mechanic) currently building a 92 specialized rockhopper comp back up that was found in a kind of bike recycling place. i work with josh (cyfa) and we ride mostly as he said cann woods/ plymbridge area although just had an outing to haldon. will probably be hated for being slow on the incline lol but im getting fitter slowly! :LOL: oh and i spent my work experience back in the day at The Bike Shop in Bodmin which isnt there anymore, hasnt been for a while which is a shame! thats where i had my outpost from and my azonic frame and all the parts that followed! ahhh the good old days

oh god i forgot i also have a zaskar frame which is due to be built at some stage! :oops:

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 8,250
cyfa2809":1cmdsidt said:
Oooo im josh
From plymouth.
Always been in plymouth.
Im not as well travelled as some of you so dont know my way round, i only ride cann woods and plym valley as thats the only place i know where to ride :oops:
I dont own a retrobike as of yet but have a hardrock gsx which is slowly getting built.
Interested in travelling further but i dont drive so is a tricky one as i dont like riding to a place to ride, seems a chore :LOL:

eager to meet the retrobike massive though :cool:
Ta da

09072011084.jpg

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss245/cyfa89/09072011083.jpg

Josh now owns my GT RTS3 so he does have a retro steed, so all is well :D

Hi,

I'm fritz, I grew up in sussex riding with wu-tangled over the chalky south downs and have had a variety of bikes.

I work away from the uk but now live in devon, I went to uni in Plymouth and have stayed ever since.

In my time at home I frequently ride Plym woods & trails, Gawton & Woodlands (with the DH club there), Haldon and moorland summer cycles. I would like to ride the trail centres more in Wales, Coed Brenin and Whites Level at Afan being favourites.

The bat cave currently houses:

1999 Giant ATX 1- DH
2000 Giant ATX 1- DH
1997 Kona Koa
1997 Kona Muni-Mula (most favoured ride & usually seen around plym)
1997 Kona - full suss thing hopefully in the post soon
2004 DMR Sidekick
2008 DMR Trailstar
1990's Raleigh Burner

these can be seen often (dubiously) lashed to a bright green ground scraping 2cv or an Umm Alter II (replacing a knackered out shogun RIP).

I will get around to pictures but away from uk at present with 3rd world poverty internet!

It seems 1997 is my favourite year for Konas although I am currently lusting after a 2006 Yeti 303 Special Projects and a 2011 Yeti 575.. they are so turquoisey beautiful.. mmm..

Game for meeting up with the Devon/Plym crowd for City/Plym Valley loops & beers, DH up at Tavi or some Haldon trail centre action.

Regards,

fritz

Pete

Hi this is me in my retro PACE gear on my retro PACE bike! :D

Attachments

• Pete on the PACE.jpg
    Pete on the PACE.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 8,170
Back