Halo Disc Wheels

:D Are Halo rims overkill for me?. I'm more of a trails rider than a downhill rock crushing madman!.

Any advise on rims. Iwas probably going to go with mavic...but thats the boring choice?.. right

no im not a huge fan either
i have no personal experience either but as i said, a lot of brand whore like them, thats a bad point for me generally

Halo freedom rims on spin doctor pro hubs get really good reviews and are very stif. The hubs are very loud though which might put some people off. I use Hope proII's on Mavic EN321's on my Orange 5 and won't use anything else. I'm 6'5" and 18.5st too :roll: :LOL:

You could try Hope proII's on Stan flow rims if you want a bit of a lighter rim. ;)

Also have a look at Superstar components, haven't tried then but getting good feedback on forums, especially for value. They have a wheel builder so you can custom your choice to suit.

If you have the dough, though they are still good value then Hope and stans are the talk of the steamie.

I have a pair of Halo's (combats) and as stated bombproof but heavy. Its suits the bike I have them on, winch it up the hill and launch down :D

Back