Dynatech New Frame & Cost?

keithface

Dirt Disciple
Hi board,

How much would you pay expect to pay for a Dynatech MT4 frame that is brand new?
I was thinking of buying a new frame if i could, as i have been looking on ebay for parts, decals etc., but thought it would be good to get a brand new frame if at all possible?

thanks
k

Let me declare a vested interest first. I have such a thing for sale, 18" .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Raleigh-Dyna-Tech ... dZViewItem

Now that's out of the way; I bought a stripped frame for £75. I then had it professionally refinished (and all the bonding checked out) by Argos of Bristol. That cost me £190. I then fitted a Stronglight X15 headset (£25) and some original Decals that I found on ebay (£5) and a Raleigh Burner head badge (as the Dyna-Techs use a rather large head tube and I could not find a metal badge that would fit), that was also a fiver.

The new RRP of the Dyna Tech was £499

I consider it a good buy if I get retro stuff for 50% of the new price.

Rough Dyna Tech frames have gone for very little, but the cost of refinishing is high if you want a 'factory' look, also buyer beware with old bonded frames.

I want to see £200 for mine, just to recoup the bulk of the outlay.
If you paid less than £250 for a good one, or less than £100 for a rough one then you will have done well.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back