Something special Pt2 PACE RC300 F1

no its silver ? :cool:

such a nice frame!

mock build sounds good, bet it weighs something special?
jerky what does yours get used for?

I'd guess yours is later Jerky. I'm super keen to get on mine but its coming together quickly, but not quick enough! Few pics to browse over...

Attachments

• IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,948
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 4,948
  • IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 4,948
Few more pics due... I've a problem with the rear disc mount. The allen key bolt has been rounded off and I can't take the caliper off! Hmmm. Fortunately Pace mounts bolt on so I can take off pop in a vice and whip it out. Thing is the bolt has a funny taper to it. I'm guessing B&Q don't sell em... Any ideas?

Its the bolt nearest the hub holding the caliper on in this picture

Just a pain as its all i need to sort now to ride! I'm on the 'lookout' (see what i did there?) for a Chris King headset and i've some Midleburn Duo cranks on its way. I'll decide then if to keep the XTR or go with the Middleburns. Tough decision eh?

This is how she currently looks anywhoo...

Do i put Wildgrippers on like my last Pace? Got em in the loft. Hmmmm?

Attachments

• IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 2,009
so your looking to replace the bolt?
it looks counter sunk
not seen one like that for that application before, will have to look to your hope friends, im sure they will 'hook you up' if you call them :cool:

no, i didnt see what you did there?? :oops:

i was going to say middleburns but those xtr look good on there (and im not a massive fan of the xtr cranks either!)

wildgrippers, they green?
i think the forks need to be black? :?

looks great though!

cyfa2809":2k07ou5k said:
so your looking to replace the bolt?
it looks counter sunk
not seen one like that for that application before, will have to look to your hope friends, im sure they will 'hook you up' if you call them :cool:

no, i didnt see what you did there?? :oops:

i was going to say middleburns but those xtr look good on there (and im not a massive fan of the xtr cranks either!)

wildgrippers, they green?
i think the forks need to be black? :?

looks great though!

My Litespeed was a lookout model :shock:
I remember with my RC200 i lost the same bolt for days in the man cave whilst messing with the brakes. Its got a shallow taper to fit into the caliper boss. Once i've got it out i'll take a pic and see if anyone in Retrobike land can help and i'll pop an email to Pace and Hope. You never know? I kinda like the white Fox, think it gives it a modern look and the Grippers are buscuit in colour. Dunno yet?
I ran my RC200 with XTR cranks and it looked well but i'm a big fan of the Middleburn duo stuff. Will see when they rock up. I imagine there's not gonna be much performance difference? I think the XTR's maybe lighter as the Duo's i've got coming run on a square taper BB. We'll see
I just hope its as fast as the bike it replaces. Its remarkably lighter than the Pace i had before so should be a good'en!

i reckon stick with those tyres as they tie in with the black wheels

oh a lookout :LOL: i see

you will have to put up pics of all choices when the parts come, and the tyres too
then we can compare :cool:

or what about some grey fox' instead? a bit more subtle

Welcome (back) to the club fella, it looks like a minter. Nice find :cool:.

The bolt you are after is just a standard M6x1.0x15mm with countersunk head, so you probably will find one in B&Q but I'd recommend you try here instead -http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/titanium_bolts_countersunk_washers

I'm expecting this to be a very nice build. The silver stem, post and brakes suit the silver frame nicely, as does the brown seat and white forks too, but you gotta have Pace forks on a Pace frame shirley. Fox forks are awesome but freshly serviced RC39's aren't too shabby, probably lighter and made for this frame.

Back