Tyre wobble

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've just put some Nobby Nics on my Mavic 717 rims, now the wheel runs straight and true but the tyre makes it look as though i have a buckle. I've let the tyre down and put it back on and still the same wobble. Any idea on what i can do to sort this?

Quality inner tube ?

Anyway, pump them up to full pressure.. about 60PSI I think and it should all pop in to place assuming the inner tube is fine.

Deflate tyre, pop tyre bead away from rim

Get some washing up liquid on your finger and wipe it around the bead section of the tyre, repeat on the other side

Pump tyre up

Wash off excess washing up liquid off

Ride with perfectly seated tyres

Scarfacexxx08":32t6xrjp said:
They have Specialized innertubes in there, thought they were supposed to be pretty good?
No idea, I've had Ritcheys etc.. that have been bad, but to be honest el cheapos that have also been good. :LOL:

Mark the rim & tyre where it bulges
Spin the tyre around the rim 45 degrees and pump up to 60PSI again, if the bump has moved with the tyre then it's that at fault possibly. If it is where the mark on the rim is, then it could be the inner tube (checked by putting it in the other way around and you know the distance it would be from the valve, keeping the tyre in it's original place)
or something at that point on the rim (rim tape riding up stopping it from seating)

I also part pump it up then wiggle around the tyre pulling it up and seeing if it seated, but that help more on retro tyres. My Schwalbes seem to just pop into place as they're built better.

I'm sure others will have ideas :D

Andy B":186bga98 said:
Deflate tyre, pop tyre bead away from rim

Get some washing up liquid on your finger and wipe it around the bead section of the tyre, repeat on the other side

Pump tyre up

Wash off excess washing up liquid off

Ride with perfectly seated tyres

Tried that once, I just got muddy and had the odd clean patch on the tyre :twisted:

EDIT to add, as it's a nobby nic
Page 26-ish of this may help
http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/shopdata/file ... fo2-GB.pdf

has it been folded?
may be where the bead hasnt returned to its natural position yet

Well the soap trick didn't work, they were folded when they arrived but they're folding tyres? i'll try moving the tyre and see if that makes a difference. hopefully its just inner tube.

Scarfacexxx08":2u0aksj7 said:
Well the soap trick didn't work, they were folded when they arrived but they're folding tyres? i'll try moving the tyre and see if that makes a difference. hopefully its just inner tube.

Did you get them from Merlin Evo Snakes 2.25"
That's where my new ones came from a few weeks ago. I left them unfolded for a while (honestly, as I then didn't get around to fit them :LOL:).
Fitted some old inner tubes and pumped them up to 60PSI (on XC717 rim). Pop right in to place but left them like that till I went riding.

Back