Status
Not open for further replies.
vale67":36t7k05b said:
al":36t7k05b said:
The Ibis is sweet! :cool:

Is it Shimano free too?

Also Vale67, you live in Tuscany?

al. :D
yes, I live in Tuscany, nearby Pisa town, the Ibis it's almost Shimano free (only front derailleur :oops: )
:D

You lucky chap.

I'm spending a week in Florence at Christmas again this year. :D

As for the steel thing? A nice bikes a nice bike, even if it is made from the wrong material. ;)

al.

That Grove does funny things...

Love the attention to detail - the Chill Pills look superb, for example.

bduc61":39docfz4 said:
so that rules out specialized bikes ? ( like my S works steel 1995)
or did Specialized ever manufactured frames in the US ?

same thing for late breezers ( lightning 1996) ?

Think some of the very high end Specializeds were USA made but I could be wrong.

Sadly the only bike I could enter is still well and truly at project stage. Shame though, as it was conceived in the UK & born in the USA

I was going to post my Litespeed, but think I will wait for the BoTM 'Sub 17Ib' Bike Special as its my only chance of winning!

You can't get more American than this!
IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

It is all American, well except for the rims, front hub, saddle, stem, seatpost, handlebar, tires, pedals, grips, tubes, valve caps, bottle cages, spokes, brake lever, brake cable...

Ah jeez, even the American flag bell was made in China. I am going to lose again.

Maybe I will get a few sympathy votes for all the work involved though. Hours and hours of sanding and polishing. I had to re-fabricate a steerer tube and make a seatpost out of an old 1 inch quill stem along with polishing the rims, fresh chrome and building the wheels. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130985

sandmangts":2245fyhn said:
You can't get more American than this!

Can you say Chicago Schwinn 1939 DX?

orange_01.jpg

Made in USA: - Frame, Cooks Bros fork, Bendix 2-speed lever action rear coaster hub, Ashtabula stem, alloy seatpost and Joe Breeze machined handlebar adapter shims. Not to mention custom paint by Alan Bonds.

It's a well and true rider and gets worked up Mt Tam at least once a month!

dx_09042010_01.jpg

CLICK HERE to see build details on Alan's site

Now we're talking!! Last two are both belters :shock:
Hoping for some cracking 80's bikes this month, so don't be shy people ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back