The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

giant-one":361pomoc said:
We should do Gisburn in the summer as there should be new trails to explore by then.
They have just opened up the eggbury road bypass / circle (see pic, in purple)

We are starting next week on the next new section (dotted on map & close up)

Anybody free second Sunday of any month and want to help check it out here
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24782136080

New section will be very nice, and different, in the forest where its mainly non-conifers, downhill

Attachments

• loop1.jpg
    loop1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,406
  • Gis New.jpg
    Gis New.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,406
drystonepaul":2p9qxomv said:
giant-one":2p9qxomv said:
What about your neck of the woods Paul?

I was thinking of somewhere around Hayfield in the High Peak, Derbyshire.

There's plenty of great routes to piece together. I'd be happy to show everyone around.

I'd be up for that, and it would be nice to get back to Derbyshire for a change.

Gisburn would be good in the summer, it's really fast in the dry, I was up there just after the OldWorld..... in August and the Parkpre was on fire ;)

I plan on doing a lot of evening rides up there during the summer, as I finish work at 15.30, so loads of daylight.

Right then we'll go with Hayfield on the 26th of March, and look at a visit to Gisburn during the long hot dry summer we are bound to have, as we do each and every year. June 4th is on the calendar as possibility. Could also look at August.

I'll update the calendar and put an announcement thread together next week.

Afraid I'll be in the Midlands for Kiran's lil' sister's Birthday :(

Probably still be knack'd from Whinlatter anyway though! :oops: :LOL:

Sadly the combination of distance and my other half's birthday means I won't be able to make it for this ride.

mrlee":1h09foyb said:
Kayas killdale cake run
mrlee":1h09foyb said:
anybody up for this i went last year it was a realy good ride and the cake was amazing i have a chair free

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

It's this weekend so if anyones playing out let me no asap, ta,
Lee.

I had been planning to attend, but "The Wife" has got me down for some birthday meal thing and the location means that the travel times are too much for me to get home when I need to.

Back