98+ bi monthly?

monthly or bi-monthly?

• monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bi-monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still dont like seeing recent years stock models making an appearance. Nor for that matter current years models that can be put together with the help of 25 minutes online at crc and a bit of room on a credit card. I find it hard to have appreciation for such easy builds. There were several in this months running that left me cold on this front. I think mainly because I still see the 1998 section as being about more recent retro than about latest and greatest.

JeRkY":2ivs6y3b said:
I still dont like seeing recent years stock models making an appearance. Nor for that matter current years models that can be put together with the help of 25 minutes online at crc and a bit of room on a credit card. I find it hard to have appreciation for such easy builds. There were several in this months running that left me cold on this front. I think mainly because I still see the 1998 section as being about more recent retro than about latest and greatest.

+1 from me
I have a couple of 1999/2000 frames which I regard as almost retro which are excluded from "pre 98 retro".
When was the bike that won the post '98 BOTM built?

JeRkY":33gts7aq said:

yeah that wholly makes sense

carge - shmaus intense was built last year i think

jamabikes":2sye4s1i said:
Carge":2sye4s1i said:
How about Hardtail ; XC-Full-suss ; British ; American; 1999 to 2005 ; current?

didn't want to get to specific and only get 1 or 2 entries....

I don't see those cats as too specific - Made in Colcester might be too specific - Made in Halifax would work though :)

I see the pre98 this month is Born in the USA.

yeah most certainly
we will have to choose some common ground/general topics

but then its hard to put on a defining point

like single speed can be a fair few bikes so quite a diverse selection
depends how diverse we want it

cyfa2809":3fnz0ei6 said:
went with bi-monthly as it seems there arent as many projects going on as <1997
it is retrobike after all
maybe some topic suggestions?
e.g. - red bike, black bike, rigid etc

make next months blue bikes i may have a chance of winning :p

Back