My Holdsworth Zephyr

Brendan

Old School Hero
I was thinking of selling this a while ago but things change and I decided to get it built up using the components I really wanted to use. I really wanted campag on it but period campag pista stuff is really hard to get and goes for silly money when its in good condition so I have used new components which I know isn't to everyones taste and there will be a few who will scorn my use of 700c wheels but hey ho, you can't please everyone.

Arguably, since the campag pista stuff hasn't really changed since 1967 when it was first introduced in this form its not that out of keeping. The rims I used are Velo Orange P-B-P, the decision on the brakes was simply driven by the fact that I live in Bristol even through it is a fixed there are some hills round here that need the extra power :-(

The frame as it used to be, not a bad paint job, just not the colour I would have chosen...
4897972507_f11df27588.jpg

As it is now
5370094092_3ec8440059.jpg

5370095282_de6f8ef47f.jpg

5370095652_6a44552944.jpg

5370095900_031de9e2af.jpg

Thanks, paint job was done by Argos in Bristol and they did a really good job with the lug lining.

Looks very classy, gotta love dark green bikes, g'job. I see you've got modern caliper brakes, did you replace the recessed allen nut yourself with a threaded bolt through?

The brakes are actually nutted fitting, the rear brake bridge is too slender to take an allen key fitting so that was the only choice. Tektro are the only people outside of Paul that seem to make them, if you want some you can get them from FreshTripe.

You are too kind! I'll post some proper pictures up of the other bikes soon, also have a perthus which was a recent acquisition.

Back