Frame resprays

gaf16

Senior Retro Guru
i know we have done this thread before, but i picked up my proflex frame today after a full restoration and repainting job by Bob Jackson Cycles.

i have tried wet painting by a car spray shop and powder coating in the past.

both were ok finishes for around the £55 mark including shot blasting.

the resto by Bob Jackson's cost me £70 in metalic black and is truly outstanding.

in my opinion, it is well worth spending a few quid extra to get the repaint done by a top class frame builder.

i will post some pic's when i find my camera.

some pics here http://g.hine8991.fotopic.net

:cool: Look forward to seeing it! I too will be needing a paint job soon for a Kona Kilauea & was wondering what my option are :?

I've tried all sorts. I went to Argos and got an outdtanding job but i think there prices are top end. If you have something special, it is better to get a propper job done.

£196 all in (three colours, stencils, decals fitted, lacquer, pick up & delivery). I sent them about 30 pics I had gatheres to make sure it was perfect because I couldn't afferd to have it done twice! I was really impressed they are doing my next two Hots (It's an addcition). Expensive but i think it shows. :D

For basic one or two colors I would shop around though. ;)

sorry to Thread Hijack! I would also like to see pics! I am getting quite a fetish for paintjobs!

The Trimble is nice as it is but I'm having feeling that it needs a Jez custom done......

Im thinking flame to black a la Formula One.....

Am I horrirbly wrong?

Do tell! :D

Back