Tyres...

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Anyone got any thin tyres, (retro please) I am hoping that they will curb my desire to build up a cyclo cross bike...

I'm thinking of Specialized Hardpacks 1.5 or something.

Your time much apreciated :)

CTK":2an5yigg said:
I'm thinking of Specialized Hardpacks 1.5 or something.

Whilst I haven't got any spare, I have just picked up a set from Halfords because they have a very good sale on at the moment (my only reason for entering the orange and black hole :LOL: ).
I have purchased a kevlar pair of Panaracer 1.8's for £30. Good value in my book.
If you are planning on going off road on your MTB, are you sure you'd want to go that thin? I've done 1.75 Z Max's in the past, and certainly wouldn't go any thinner.
If you have gone 'thin' before, don't just jump down to 1.5's. Work your way there slowly and get used to how the bike handles first as it's a new experience ;)

Yeah your probably right, but I was gonna use this bike for the slightly 'boring' trails nearby to try and make em a bit more interesting!

Would be interested in Ritchey 1.75s too in fact any pair of black lightweight retro tyres!

CTK":39svu266 said:
Yeah your probably right, but I was gonna use this bike for the slightly 'boring' trails nearby to try and make em a bit more interesting!

Would be interested in Ritchey 1.75s too in fact any pair of black lightweight retro tyres!

yeh I've got some 1.7 WCS kevlar, amber wall tyres possibly for sale. let me dig em out :)

Back