The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

drystonepaul":2nnww7n8 said:
however be warned as:
sinnett177":2nnww7n8 said:
The following teams are fully paid for etc and i'll entering them by hand.
Entering them by hand? Sounds like an abuse of power to me.
I'm still searching for the inner chimp.

Sinnett - so how come you dumped your old team mates to allegedely go ten-manning, only to turn up in a new four-man... to add insult to intrigue, you then manage to make self-professed Mayhem-hater Edwards imply he's going to ride....?

Must have been some very curious goings on, deep in them FoD woods...

mrkawasaki":1j9qnrjv said:
Sinnett - so how come you dumped your old team mates to allegedely go ten-manning, only to turn up in a new four-man... to add insult to intrigue, you then manage to make self-professed Mayhem-hater Edwards imply he's going to ride....?

Must have been some very curious goings on, deep in them FoD woods...
Ruddock - The four man team came around purely through extra demand for numbers. I really wanted to ride 10 this year to give me more time to heckle you and perhaps ensure your good lady had the kettle on for those brews you tend to stop for just 500 yards into the lap. Anyway, how was your day up the Wrexham yesterday? I can only guess it was the National Championships or perhaps International Championships, after all you've been playing cycle polo for nearly a year now.

Sinnett - still doesn't add up....

How come an elite rider like Gil is in the 10s and Edwards, a man who needs as large an audience as can be mustered, is billeted with you?

I also recall Edwards pronouncing that he'd not ride Mayhem until Pat was under 20 stone, that it was too expensive, too close to home, too boring a course etc.

My theory is that after he molested you whilst unconcious in the FoD, he's mailed you the negatives....

27538_117618494946205_7937_n.jpg

Ruddock; you will go on my first whistle, Sinnett; you will go on my second whistle...

Moving on from the battle of the NACs, we have an NWA ride scheduled on the 26th March.

Now during the Settle to Malham ride, a few people mentioned Gisburn as a potential venue for that date.
Is this a bit too close geographically to the last ride though, plus I'd really like to visit Gisburn during the summer for a change.

Any other ideas though?

What about your neck of the woods Paul?

Somewhere over that side of the pennines would be a welcomed change :D

We should do Gisburn in the summer as there should be new trails to explore by then.

Was up at Gisburn last Sunday with Richard + Graham and can report it's quite heavy going on the top loop at the mo so might be worth waiting until it's dried up a bit :?

Should be available on the 26th where ever is decided so count me in.

giant-one":e1p4gibs said:
What about your neck of the woods Paul?

I was thinking of somewhere around Hayfield in the High Peak, Derbyshire.

There's plenty of great routes to piece together. I'd be happy to show everyone around.

Back