Mongoose Pro Titanium

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have had this frame for a few months now after picking it up from the bay for £250 along with a bunch of bits including the CK headset and sadly it has to go even before I have ever ridden it ! It measures as an 18 1/2" but when loosely assembled feels like a farmyard gate ! It is really tall ! I just don't feel right on it.
A chap down my road who has had an original Orange Clockwork for the last 20 years is going to have it but as you don't see many of these about I thought I'd post it here.

Going to be built up with m750/760 XT, Pace RC38 Airforce 2 (cos they wont fit my Merlin with its silly 1" headtube :roll: ), Mavic 717's, Avid BB7 front disc and some carbon bits. All in I reckon it'll cost £700-800 not bad for a Ti and should be a nice light bike. Actually should have been MY nice light bike :cry:

Frame - build by Sandvik / TST so weld quality is superb. 3./2.5 tubing and 6/4 water cut dropouts - lovely ! Just as good as some of the other Sandvik framesets I reckon (Hei Hei, DBR, dare I even say Litespeed) but as its a Mongoose costs nowhere near ??? Weighs 1600g.

Attachments

• tigoose4.jpg
    tigoose4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 5,030
  • tigoose3.jpg
    tigoose3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 5,025
  • tigoose2.jpg
    tigoose2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5,025
  • tigoose1.jpg
    tigoose1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5,030
The story so far .... looks nice I think which makes it all the more annoying that it didn't fit me.
Spot the NOS Ritchey WCS Titanium saddle - chap down the road bought this when he bought his Clockwork and never fitted it so been in his garage in a box for 20 years !

Attachments

• mongoose2.jpg
    mongoose2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 4,971
Shame that's a missfit for you, the head tube looks too tall. Really neat welds and tasty snakestays.

Well its now gone to its new home - about 50 yards away ! :LOL:
A final pic (including a hideous front crud catcher thing the buyer had) before it got all dirty.
Ended up swapping the XT cranks to RaceFace - looks better I think.
Had a quick ride around on it and still didn't feel "right" but very light and responsive.
Bye bye Goosey ! :cry:

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 4,593
I just picked up one of these, 20” seat tube, center to top. How tall are you that it felt too big? Sure it’s been 10 years, maybe you were taller then?

Back