Ebay: LOOK FOURNALES CARBON SUSPENSION FORKS

dkmike":227g8vk9 said:
says he will post to UK for 32 Euros

How did you contact him? I tried to bid and ask a question, then takes me to sign in but received a page with german saying somethin or somethin.
I would love this fork in small and in return offer up my medium.

Listing is no longer there. Maybe you could tell him to post it on ebay.com so we can all get a crack at it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NOS For Sale

Hey Guys,

Seems like a guy in the Netherlands has a couple nos Fournales for sale. A pricey $700 shipped but comes with disc adaptor and canti mounts. Also these are the older bushing design, not bearings.

Ahh well, I got em and will be copying this disc adaptor for all that need.

If ya want a set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0541714362

I got a client with one of theses, the small-linkage size, basically looks NOS, has the grease-fitting version of the bushings, and I as I have just discovered, the pre-2000 disc mount. Which also seems to be machined to the wrong inside diameter to fit the fork's legs correctly (to tap the mount up to the right position with a rubber mallet requires removing the bolts, and then the bolt holes don't line up correctly in the mount once its installed).

Anyone else have problems installing the disc mounts to theirs? It makes me wonder if they didn't just do a batch of disc mounts to one spec, then as they were hand-laying the fiber layers for the legs, some ended up thicker than others at the dropout area where the disc mount is supposed to install.

Also since he's attempting to install this thing with a 650B wheel, we've also discovered it lacks the tire clearance to actually accomplish that. I'll post back in a few days if it becomes available for sale, I'm trying to guide him to just using a Fox F100 instead since they're a known article when it comes to doing 650B conversions.

Fournales Carbon Fork For sale

Ya, those small Fournales will not be for sale, as they are mine. I do have a used medium Fournales and will consider any reasonable offer.

DeeEight":2hcjj0sw said:
And that's what I get for only reading the posts of the thread and not who the posters are also....

lol. I'm in every forum with Fournales. Anyway, I'll swing by and get that fixed. No Fox here. Fournales work with 650b. Granted tight with the 2.2 WTB but she still runs with great front corning capability. I can always put my 2.1 Quasi-Moto in there for more clearance if desired, but I don't think so.

A few people have asked about adapting the adapter...pre-2000 to ISO 2000. This is what I did:

Cut and filed off 3.5mm from the inside face of the mounting tab, carefully. The shape of the milling depends on your caliper mount.
This is for a Hope Mono Mini #5 caliper direct to ISO without a postmount adapter, others are likely to be more straight across:
IMG_7856.jpg

Unfortunately this leaves the mounting tabs only 3mm thick, not the ISO 6mm+ but it does work (At your own risk).

Also increase the chamfer on the bottom inside edge of the adapter to about 6mm at around 30 degrees. This stops the rotor boltheads from fouling.
IMG_7858.jpg

I've drawn up an ISO version of the adapter, with the mounting tabs rotated clockwise slightly for clearence and moved outboard:
untitled.jpg

But I think the whole thing could be designed a lot simpler, maybe two separate clamps around the leg and a bolted on mount bridging the two? What's the rotation risk?

Is there any interest out there for an ISO 2000 adapter? I'll farm around for some quotes if there's a demand. Otherwise, I'm happy to pass some untested CAD files around...dxf/STEP/IGES/SW etc. for CAM milling. Maybe even Laser Sintered RP, anyone?

Alternatively...if you're running a chunky caliper mount, like the cheaper Avid ones (rather than the finer forged or CNC milled ones):
a20791712da9974d7dcf72_m.jpg

it might be easier (and less risky) to just remove the thickness from around the mounting holes on that, and just chamfer the bottom of the Fournales part.

All the best,

Back