Thetford meet - Sunday 6th March & Aftermath

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Short notice, apologies, but as CK is off to the frozen north again soon we thought we should have get-together. This Sunday, 6th March.

Usual spot for 10:30am

Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Map here: http://bit.ly/hKwdX7

Details:
Parking is Pay & Display, £2, extra parking available in the Orchard car park behind the old peoples home. There is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards.

If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40+' blokes like me to XC race whipetts. No one is ever left behind. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally very good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride. Any questions just send me a pm.

I be there on me orange colored SS complaining that it should have more gears ....

If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40+' blokes like me to XC race whipetts to people who ride singlespeeds but shouldn't.

Dan - If you can make it I'll settle up with you for that wheel :)

cannondale king":1gw970b9 said:
and il be there with letmetalktomarks new shiney white fat wheel ;) which i must point out is uber cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

If I can get a rim strip I may even bring the tyre and disc to give it a try out :cool:

want me to eleci tape it ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: have you got the uber super wide rim tape as if you dont they have a habit of popping eleci tape :shock:

cannondale king":1p8avbpy said:
want me to eleci tape it ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: have you got the uber super wide rim tape as if you dont they have a habit of popping eleci tape :shock:

Just ordered a red tape - 42mm wide :LOL:

will do best to get there..... pace's 2nd outing now with matching brakes! check me!

Sorry but only ride is in pieces( new frame :D ).

Also going to the bike jumble on Sat in Nottingham so should spend Sunday with the family :roll:

Back