Kona Hei Hei Supreme from ebay and other places

yes 717 rims on XT hubs.
The Leroi was frame only with same tubeset as your Hei Hei (except for the carbo stays). It was available in 2006, while The King was the built bike available without the carbon stays. I think that the same frame (with carbon stays) was available in 2005 also known as The King

XT chain set and cass now fitted. Had a bit of a change around between me bikes Hei hei now running mostly XT with avid elixir brakes, Thompson stem and seat post, Easton monkey lite carbon bars, now becoming a bit light. Rides like a dream.

WOW what a price GOOD find mate!! cant bet a kona supreme!! :cool:

three weeks ago i bought a Kona Coilair Supreme totally amazing bit of kit! love it

CIMG2159.jpg

Have spent a bit of more cash on this, more photos when I fit the new stuff. Watch this space.

Lapierre X-Control 310 or Kona Hei Hei Supreme which best?

Theres only one way to find out...FIGHT

The kona wins hands down!! could be the rider though you just can't tell.

Well have (i think) finished this project. May well change the wheels to super star or hope hubs yet. Now running full XT group set. Fox RL 100 2009 forks. Tom stem and seatpost. Easton Monkey carbon bars. Panaracer XC pros. Avid Exlir r brakes Mavic 717's . Total coming in at 24.5lbs. Could bring the the weight down if I used light weight tubes and did not run with tyre liners. I think I would sooner ride with a bit more tyre weight than spend my time fixing punctures. Total weight for 100mm full suss bike 24.5lb. I must say that this is probably this best bike I have ever had and still comes in at under £800. It is used a least 3 times a week and if you are in the area ( southdowns bognor arundel chichester ) give us a shout and come for a ride find me on Twiitter as johntheboy.

Attachments

• Aug 10 001.JPG
    Aug 10 001.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 4,277
  • Aug 10 003.JPG
    Aug 10 003.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 4,277
  • Aug 10 004.JPG
    Aug 10 004.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 4,277
  • Aug 10 005.JPG
    Aug 10 005.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 4,277
That is a very nice build. Similar build to my Leroi now, and I'm impressed your build comes in at 24.5lbs - last time I checked my build was about 27lbs. I'll have another weigh.

I'd agree with you also that this frame rides really well. I also love it.

Aye, sub-25lbs is very impressive. My 19" Hei Hei 100 is built with Fox F100 RLC / RP23, full M760 XT, XT on XC717 rims, Ritchey WCS finishing kit and Nobby Nics and comes in at a lardy 26.7lbs. :evil:

Still, rides like a beaut.

SP

Splatter Paint":1xijwo4c said:
Aye, sub-25lbs is very impressive. My 19" Hei Hei 100 is built with Fox F100 RLC / RP23, full M760 XT, XT on XC717 rims, Ritchey WCS finishing kit and Nobby Nics and comes in at a lardy 26.7lbs. :evil:

SP

Surely that spec should weigh less that johntheboy's Hei Hei because of all the Ritchey stuff....

What size is your frame?

mikesnowdon":2hzalhg0 said:
Splatter Paint":2hzalhg0 said:

SP

Surely that spec should weigh less that johntheboy's Hei Hei because of all the Ritchey stuff....

What size is your frame?

my frame is a 16in.and there was nothing scientific about the weighing, so don't take everything as right and proper

Quick update now running with a set of Hope Hoops rims still 717's changed the tyres to Michelin Wild Grip R bit lighter than the panaracers which I have worn out. Also had to change the DU bushes on the rear shock which I also worn out, ride this bike a lot. Love it.

Back