East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Hi chaps, I was wondering when your next riding on a weekend? I'm in Nottingham and need some mud time - too much time spent on tiny tyres recently. I'm on a rather un-retro '03 Cannondale f800 (Lefty) until my '97 Specialized Ground Control A1 Aim Pro is built back up (Need 1997 Judy XC forks...and saddle...and post...and stem...and bars but's that's it). Fitness is OK.

Ta! Andy

Hi - welcome along :D Weekend rides in the East Midlands tend to be announced on here at short notice when one of us finds we have a passport out :LOL: We don't have any planned as yet at the moment. If you're free though any weekend put a shout out on here and we'll see who's free :D Early morning starts are good (8am), back for 11 sort of thing to keep families happy :roll: :LOL:

Having said that there was talk of riding this Sat morning around the cycle jumble that's happening in Long Eaton.

Equally you'd be welcome to join us on a Tues night if you're free and have lights. We're riding tonight from Ticknall village Hall car park at 7pm.

Great, i'll se if if I can get a pass for Saturday....mmmm....bike jumble :) and riding. I don't have very good lights and I've got a toddler and pregnant wife, so i'm a weekend warrior for now.

Last night's route. Good to meet a new member, captaincosmic - hope we haven't put you off!

1sceix.jpg

Looks good, can't wait for lighter evenings. I've got a pass out for Saturday I'd anybody is riding? Never been to a jumble before...eBay has been my jumble.

Unfortunately I don't think I will have time to ride but I shall be at the jumble - I'll probably be wearing something with Retrobike on it if you want to look me out.

Looks like I'm doing Mountain Mayhem this year after all, by the way :D

orange71":1pjlv4qb said:
Unfortunately I don't think I will have time to ride but I shall be at the jumble - I'll probably be wearing something with Retrobike on it if you want to look me out.

Looks like I'm doing Mountain Mayhem this year after all, by the way :D

or just look for the guy a foot or so taller than anyone else :p

Back