If 'They' were to remake just one thing...Wish hard gang...

The problem with Timbuk II's is geting them over to the UK. Next tme I go to the states I am getting a load sent to my aunts house in Massachusets and packing an extra bag to bring home!! :D

Wow, lot's of stuff I'd like to see again, only a few that I'd probably spend the coin on though.

1.) Capagnolo Sheriff Star hubs...oh so sweet. Just cannot beat the forged and polished beauties.

2.) WTB Rollercams...loved the elegant shape and the fact that they are techy eye candy does not hurt.

3.) Grove Innovations Hot Rods Cranks...the first two piece crank design with all it's tubular loveliness. Lighter than M900, tougher than a Bull's nut sack, and been on my want/need/desire list since I could not afford them. My quest may be at an end soon, though ;)

For a few of the other dreamers;

Bontrager sleeved stays...Cocconino cycles is doing beautiful fillet brazed frames with sleaved stays ala Bontrager. Steve is an outstanding person to boot.

Smoke and Dart tires...still available in the US, I can wrap up a set if y'all need them.

cheers,

rody

Stick Legs":2ffpf9zg said:
The problem...is geting them over to the UK.

At first I thought you were batty :) and why not surface, looked it up and it didn't give that as an option. Looked it up and found this reference:

Surface mail was discontinued on May 14,2007 and has not been reinstated. It was not just USPS but many members of the International Postal Congress who had experienced delay and theft primarily from dock workers.

So yeah, it's going to be expensive via air. Next time I come to UK, I'll bring y'all over a heap. The security people will say, sir, why do you have a bike, 228 tires, and nothing else? And I'll say, "Uh.....well there this group over in England called retrobike and they..." (sound of rubber gloves snapping as they put them one).

Pinguwin

I do hope you don't mean batty in a south east London way! :shock:

The US dockers (longshoreman's) union is too strong, and they earn for too much. I used to run to the US on Containerships and the port fees and stevedoring charges are out of this world. Long Beach charges are 10 times those of Singapore or Hong Kong and over 3 times those in Europe. And with all of this they still have the antiqauted attitude that broken or misstowed cargo is there for the taking. :evil:

British dockers used to be terrible too, stories abound of cargo being deliberately dammaged and then sold off by the insures to a third party working for the dockers. :roll:

Those 2mm brake cables (Shimano?) from the very early 90's. Absolutely no stretch at all. Is mine the only bike with the original cable from 1991 still on it? I have lost count of the number of new block sets the bike has got through but the cable lives on!!

Stick Legs":1f23ekye said:
I do hope you don't mean batty in a south east London way! :shock:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, I was talking about those guys who walk around with a pack of fags in their back pocket.

Funny about the dock workers. In Kathmandu you buy your stamps at one window, go to the table and use glue to stick them on as the adhesive on the stamps is so-so. Then you stand in line once more to watch the worker cancel the stamps and take the parcel. That way, they can't steal the letter and soak off the stamps and resell them. Now you think that people people would have issues with stamps without adhesive, but see previous remark about glue pots.

Pinguwin

Nice, smooth modern thumbies that clear the reservoir on hydro brake levers;

Navy and white striped slip-on Vans (a la Mike Dominguez in his Haro days);

Hutch looptail criuser in cherry metalflake;

The Kona Aha. And all other 90s Kona hardtails, come to think of it;

A fillet brazed repro of the old Ritcheys, with filleted stem/ bars and a few modern touches, like Pacenti's new biplane fork crown.

The G&S Neil Blender "Coffee Break" skateboard deck.

And S.E. racing are doing a retro Quadangle cruiser for 2008 :shock: .
That's 24 inch wheels.
In steel, not alu.
Looptail.
It never existed BITD but they just sort of went "What if..."

So... What am I bid for a kidney... (1 careful owner)...?

Iwasgoodonce":fziptee3 said:
Those 2mm brake cables (Shimano?) from the very early 90's. Absolutely no stretch at all. Is mine the only bike with the original cable from 1991 still on it? I have lost count of the number of new block sets the bike has got through but the cable lives on!!

You can still buy the 2mm brake innerwires. They're all over the place on eBay. Housing is still readily available stateside also. Still have them on my 91 Xizang.

Back