The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

greenstiles":18r20wh1 said:
hi do you have any qualityish older turntables ? either looking for old n working or a project to do up ie all electrics work, but tatty plinths and lid ready to replace or chop into strange shapes :D

Nothing exciting - Gadro has a few.

LGF

Missed the fluroscan stuff you listed on here and sold on ebay - bloody bargain may I add

Have you anything else floating around with those lovely blue displays? I'm particularly after a SA-7 series amp but will consider anything you have. If you've got a Reverb SR-303 or a Dynamic Processor RG-2 I will have to come round your house and knock repeatedly on your door until you let me in

F.A.O. LGF

Chap, a buddy popped around last night and whilst discussing my obsession with bikes he noticed my stereo..he seems very keen on it but being a mate I want to let him have it without stictching myself up

it's a kenwood micro hifi component system with rds, tape, cd and radio and the model number is rxd-m33..apart from the speaker fabric covers needing a clean everything else is immaculate and is working.it also comes with it's original remote

I know I bought this in 2001 and still works like a peach..realistically before I tell him yes it's for sale would would you feel is a good price for this?

DSCF0819.jpg

Hello LGF,

Do you have any interconnects?

Looking for two or three, better than the freebies that come with new separates, but not silly money.

djoptix":1okml1rn said:
uktyler":1okml1rn said:
Looking for two or three, better than the freebies that come with new separates, but not silly money.

http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/pls00171/2x-phono-lead-0-3m/dp/AV19099

Those look about the same quality as the ones that are given away with separates.

These look better: http://cpc.farnell.com/_/b050/lead-2-x- ... erch=true&

But I would prefer to give my money to an RB member.

I'm happy to pay a tenner a pair for good quality interconnects.

Can recomend ' swiss gotham' on ebay.around £17.....very verywell reviewedfor money........i've got 1 or 2 spare i think £10 each ?

sylus":3aiegc6x said:
F.A.O. LGF

Chap, a buddy popped around last night and whilst discussing my obsession with bikes he noticed my stereo..he seems very keen on it but being a mate I want to let him have it without stictching myself up

it's a kenwood micro hifi component system with rds, tape, cd and radio and the model number is rxd-m33..apart from the speaker fabric covers needing a clean everything else is immaculate and is working.it also comes with it's original remote

I know I bought this in 2001 and still works like a peach..realistically before I tell him yes it's for sale would would you feel is a good price for this?

DSCF0819.jpg

Prob around £30 or so. Unfortunately you can buy similar looking in Argos for not much, it devalues the 'good' stuff I'm afraid.

the interconnects that are 'given' away with hifi equipment are usually ok for the job. Interconnects only require special treatment when going over about 10 metres. below that as long as they are properly soldered/grounded/shielded theres not much to worry about. Of course, the magazines will say otherwise but they are there to sell advertising space.

OK, so I have a few (retail) thousand pounds worth of interconnect in the loft but it really is only fancy Belkin at its heart.

And no, they're not for sale.

Back