ust rim help

I've put some crossmax slr on wor lasses rockhopper. Used bounty (tlr) mud x tyres and a bit of stans fluid and the mavic valves. Very easy set up

Well I don't want to sound to confident :oops: as I still have the back one to do :LOL: but (now I have a method) it's quite easy and I am well impressed with the kit :cool:

I tried the compressor method last night (which was a a small garage forecourt one) and it was crap, didn't suit the Mavic valves - I would have been better off having a curry and farting on it :?

So a rethink over night resulted in a method that involved no sweat and was all done (cleanly !) in the kitchen and watching telly - and typing this whilst waiting to have another shake :D

I will do a full write up on my thread but I used :

Crossmax SL SSC
Kenda klimax
Mavic UST valves
1 old tube
Stans sealant
Stans injector
1 Co2 cartridge (I know not to use this with the sealant !)
1 track pump

I have never tried these tyres or rims before but the combination has a really tight bead (60psi on a soapy rim to seat it - BANG !!). Tyres were new if that made a difference ?

I don't know if a bead / rim that grips like this is good for tubeless but I guess so ?

Note form method :

Fit tyre and old tube
Soap rim / bead
Inflate (track pump) - seat beads
Deflate
Unseat one bead - remove tube (don't unseat second bead but with how hard mine fitted this wasn't a problem :shock:)
Fit UST valve with no core
Refit tyre
Soap rim bead
Dump a full Co2 cartridge in the tyre - seat the bead
Deflate
Let temp get back to normal
Inject Stans (I used 2oz)
Refit valve core
Inflate with track pump
Follow Stans method for sealing

The fronts been OK to seal, very little leaks on side walls, mostly from the bead. It's been on about an hour and is just about to get it's fourth shake. Just a few areas still bubbling :D

WD :D

The rears on - exactly the same :D 60 psi to initially seat the beads :shock:

Both seem to be holding their pressure quite well now :cool: we will see ... :LOL:

Well they got left from 5 to 11 last night whilst we were out (dads 70th) and they were both still inflated but had defo dropped some pressure, I gave them a good shake, left them for a while, inflated to 60psi, shook them again and then left them on their side on mugs overnight :D

This morning both were still rock solid :cool: If the airborne was built, I would now be quite confident to take them out :D I wonder if you can hear the sealant sloshing around when you ride ?

I have some pics I will post up when I can get on a PC :D

WD Pro":13ionu3a said:
I wonder if you can hear the sealant sloshing around when you ride ?
I've not noticed the sound of sealant sloshing around whilst riding, it gets drowned out by trail & other bike noises

The spangly Mavic valves :

DSC05924.jpg

All finished (still holding air ... :LOL:) :

DSC05925.jpg

The geeky alignment shot :oops: :LOL: :

DSC05930.jpg

Cheers,

Back