The Girlfriend's Retro Turner

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As I'm sure we all agree, the best way to ensure there are no raised eyebrows from Wives/Grlfriends/Husbands/Boyfriends (covering all bases there I think) is to involve them in our pastime. So with that in mind and with a heaving spares box I hit the most obvious answer: build up a really cool retro bike for the girlfriend. That way I'd not only clear the boxes meaning I can go out and buy new stuff, but I'd also keep the GF happy and be able to use the excuse that 'I bought it for your bike' if ever an eyebrow is raised again.

So here is the result of my labours:

Turner XCE with Rock Shox Sid rear and Judy DH front,

yqo62e.jpg

yqo62b.jpg

yqo62a.jpg

Highlights include: Kooka Ratchas, AC front Judy Brace, Critical Racing front Canti, Precision Billet rear V, Cooks/Hope QR, Pace rings, Mavic Paris-Dakar Wheels and Z-Maxs

yqo62d.jpg

yqo629.jpg

Enough brownie points have been built up to allow me to start on a new build - look out for the Roberts Retro Roadster in the new year!

Great bike, looks like this could start up a new trend of bikes for partners. Or even a future BOTM for the partner.

Daaaaahmn that's nice. Currently building a bike for t'other half, but I'm leaving plenty of space for upgrades so she understands the fun of the whole hobby, not just the riding! :)

Lysander":o82a59vy said:
Aye- nice indeed............can I be yer girlfriend too??

Strict criteria apply here, key thing is that anyone wishing to apply for this position must:

a) be no taller than me so that any bike I build up 'for them' can be easily ridden by me (well, who are we kidding here - building a beautiful bike, just for the girlfriend?)
b) must be truly a modern spirit, politically aware, independent, strong feminist mind and confident in the fact that it is her intellect that attracts others. All of these are necessary to compliment my enlightened beliefs perfectly so that we can operate symbiotically.
c) have baps like Lara Croft

That would be me then..... :LOL: especially the lara croft baps bit mind you i need them for my line of work ;) so how do you get an interview for the position :LOL: .Lovely rig though would love too ride that your missus is a lucky girl :LOL: .
pete_mcc":3uxdlpfo said:
Lysander":3uxdlpfo said:
Aye- nice indeed............can I be yer girlfriend too??

Strict criteria apply here, key thing is that anyone wishing to apply for this position must:

a) be no taller than me so that any bike I build up 'for them' can be easily ridden by me (well, who are we kidding here - building a beautiful bike, just for the girlfriend?)
b) must be truly a modern spirit, politically aware, independent, strong feminist mind and confident in the fact that it is her intellect that attracts others. All of these are necessary to compliment my enlightened beliefs perfectly so that we can operate symbiotically.
c) have baps like Lara Croft

does she like it? the bike I mean? cos if she doesnt, I happen to know a short arse that would ;)

theboy":1nj62pm3 said:
does she like it?

She does at the moment, but who knows, she may get a taste for all this bike stuff and demand one 'that isn't used or second hand'

Back