The 2011 Time Trial Season

I am back racing this year too, also said not til May, but joined Doncaster Wheelers and live a couple of miles from the Hatfield course, so I will see a few of the Sheffrec lads this year, will probably be riding your events

pigman":15cqac89 said:
heres my club. you cant log in unless youre a member, but one of the photos is from our retro day out. shamefully, I didnt go cos of family commitments
http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/

Looks for a club site (some are awful!). Nice selection of retro steeds and jerseys. Are you having another retro day this year?

alanf1968":3jr3zjde said:
I am back racing this year too, also said not til May, but joined Doncaster Wheelers and live a couple of miles from the Hatfield course, so I will see a few of the Sheffrec lads this year, will probably be riding your events

I might ride some Hatfield events this year. Good course for riding fixed I reckon. And there's the 'New O2' courses as well - so long as they don't get to popular!

first event is our 2 up 25 march 5th.
were running a season long tt comp with JE James, see here ..
http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/jejamesttcomp/

Ned, the retro ride is an annual thing, usually august, and takes the form of our normal clubrun 60 miles ish in the peaks, so not really a garage-queen pootle for the unfit (not saying you are this). If youre interested, let me know, the more the merrier. Cant promise I'll be there yet, kids come first.

I agree it should be a good course to ride fixed, I havent raced on the course as been out off serious riding for a few years and only moved to Hatfield last year, but done some training on the course, keep getting told its slow, but I used to ride on cheshire courses, it is flat, a good surface and not too much traffic, I think riders here have been spoilt with drag strips at North Cave and the A1.

I will probably show my face at the 2up but as I have no plans to ride as not ridden a solo 25 for 9 years nobody is twisting my arm to partner them, but sure I will be there for the solo events.

Cheshire Courses - :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Rode a 25 there a couple of years ago and did a '13'!! Can't believe I used to get very close to the hour there at one time!

I used to to 1hr 1mins every week, on a road bike as a junior, didnt matter which course or what the weather conditions, wish I was that good now, couldnt even do it on my lo-pro now, but working on it

I can at last reveal what happened last Sunday in the YCF 10.

I went, I rode, I finished, I came home.

To be fair, I suppose there's a bit more to it than that though. It was so nice when I got up that I considered riding out but, sanity prevailed, and I went in the car. This was a good move as just before my start time (9.34am) the sky darkened, it got colder and it started to rain. I went for it anyway (seeing as how I'd paid for the privilege of getting wet) and peddled my 'parts' off into the wind for the uphill'ish outward leg and even more so on the downhill'ish return. Despite this I didn't manage to beat 20mph and recorded 31-07 which is not quite my slowest ever 10. I was slowest in the restricted 72" gear section - but not quite slowest overall as someone did 31-08. A young girl.

It rained harder and got colder for the 'normal' event so I'm glad I was back in the relative warmth of the event HQ and that I had a car to come home in.

You can see me in glorious technicolour here -

http://kimroy-photography.co.uk/gallery ... emId=24125

I'm the one in the retro flouro jersey and plain drop bars. No modernistic tri-bar rubbish for me!

Back