Mecacycle Turbo

biggs682":28ksf8w7 said:
i have seen other split tubes but cant remember what makes

Saxon, Claud Butler (ex-Saxon). Couple of forum members have Mecacyles and I've posted a brochure.

I've posted this before but for those who've never seen one close-up, here it is.

Attachments

• MecacycleFrame.1.A.jpg
    MecacycleFrame.1.A.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 561
  • MecacycleFrame.2.A.jpg
    MecacycleFrame.2.A.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 563
I have asked the new owner to introduce himself here and keep us posted on the build.

I was very sad to see it go but I have one or two bikes more personal to me to complete, this one just didn't feature on the priority list.

Needless to say the new owner was over the moon with it.

Hi fluro :) Posted an intro buddy, and hope to meet more of you soon, yours Anthony.

PS: "She is in fine hands now, very healthy, and well on her way to being the Belle of the Ball of Meca's. Have already acquired Roval Track wheelset for her,and 3arm Steel Campagnolo from 1971 in mint condition. Also have a 3arm Alloy version, so a bit spoilt for choice. The latter looks better with a 1972 Nuovo rear mech. Got French SR BB for her too :) Still looking for an SR headset.

Torn between "complete campag re-fit OR going French with Mavic 631 starfish & rear/front mechs to go with the Rovals. Also got a Mint 53/42 Tevano I acquired from Barrow in Furness, which adds to the headache. If I stay campy, then it will have to be SR hubs on blue rimmed Mavic ssc's.

In truth it's busting my balls making my mind up :) I am a solid campy guy, so straying is hard for me,but the Tevano & Rovals have swung me slightly. Love the look of NOS CLB brakes & levers. All ideas welcome :)

Take care fella, all the best to you, yours Anthony

Back