Stumpjumper.

puredead666

Devout Dirtbag
I bought this frame on ebay from a proper nice fellow who included some extras for a tiny fee :D
Anyway this is my first bike build I bought the forks separately for £1.20 (ebay again) and they're immaculate and work perfect :D
I'm borrowing the parts from my old GT to get it running while i gather more parts.
The build will consist of XT/XTR. I'm struggling with what colour cable outers to use and what wheels i should be looking for. I kinda wanna make it as light as my wallet/missus will allow so I'm not fussed about 2nd parts as i don't appear to have done bad so far :p
I'm sorry about the poor quality of these photos, I have used the camera on my phone and the plastic lens has 2 large scratches straight across it :(
Any ideas on parts and colours will be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00300.JPG
    DSC00300.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,497
  • DSC00297.JPG
    DSC00297.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,497
Aye it was a good deal. I have a problem bolting the chainset onto the bottom bracket. The shimano bolts are too big to screw in so i was wondering if sram used smaller bolts. I dont have the tools to take he bottom bracket out and check.

I've done a bit more towards building it but the bolts that attach the chainset are doing my head in. I need to investigate it further :?

Attachments

• DSC00308.JPG
    DSC00308.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,446
Have you a square taper bottom bracket and ISIS bolts maybe? ISIS bolts are a little bit bigger than traditional square taper bolts. I've got a set of both lying around I can pop in an envelope and send to you if it'll help?

Bike looks cracking by the way :)

It's a square taper bottom bracket and the bolts have come from another square taper. I measured the diameter of the bolt with a vernier and it says 7.80mm but when I measured the diameter of the hole in the spindle it measures 7.12mm. My boss called at the local bike shop this morning and picked up some more bolts and they gave him some exactly the same diameter as the ones I already have with the apparent advice that there isn't variants of diameter in shimano bottom brackets. The fella I bought the frame from with the BB fitted has told me it's a Shimano UN54 so, surely the bolts that came with a brand new shimano acera chainset should fit no problem. I even asked the person who sold me it if he used any Threadlock but he said no :?
I think we have a tap and dye set at work as a last option before i replace the BB which would be a shame as it feels like silk to turn.

Bottom bracket swop sounds an easy fix then. Weird though, I didn't think there were many variants in bottom bracket bolt sizes.

Amy progress on this one? Looking for inspiration. Can't believe the bargain yougot on those forks!!

Back