Found 'em! Loads of old catalogues etc...

OK no problems, I just wondered if there was an S-works supplement for 1992? I've been through the thread and unless I've just completely missed it (a distinct possibility) I don't think the pink/green '89 has been posted. If you could do it it would be most appreciated.

Hi, no S-works catalogues I am afraid, just re-checked the lot. :(

PS: If anyone is missing photos on this topic I have run out of webspace so had to delete a lot - I'll get them back one day...

I am sure I posted the '89 somewhere once! Always going on about it as the good old pink/green Stumpy was my first proper mountain bike and the bike I put more miles into than any other, did first races on etc. A true classic.

sj891.jpg

sj892.jpg

Excellent, many thanks. I've just acquired the pink/green frame, the guy said it was an '87 but it's definately the '89!

I scanned some of the Fisher range for another topic so may as well post them here too:

The Montare:

fisher92a.jpg

Ben, here at last are the 1990 Marin scans - sorry for the long delay. Not sure of it will be much use to you though, the Team Titanium was not included in this regular catalogue:

mar1.jpg

mar2.jpg

mar3.jpg

Thanks a lot.
They look very similar to the 1989 catalogue that I have. And again, there is a slight mention of the Team Titanium, but the '89 has a postage stamp size picture as well.
Every time I see one of the early Marin catalogues I notice that the rims are often not what the specs read ie. Black instead of Grey rims or RM20's instead of RM17's.
I think this is the year they introduced 1 1/8th headsets on all the steel bikes. The Ti remained 1 inch.

Back