197? Puch Super Sprint

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked this up from the local bootsale... I dont tend to buy bootsale bikes.. But it stood out at me and i just had this sudden urge of WANT!

Its big... Which is fine for me at 6ft. I havnt measured it yet tho...

Its all original as far as i can tell Weinmann centrepulls, Chromix guards, And puch wheelnuts :LOL:

The seat is actually bloody comfortable even if it does look at tad crap, Might get changed yet....

The plan of action is just to give it a stripdown and re-grease as it hasnt been ridden in yonks. The grease in the freewheel is clogged and its dusty all over...
Itll then get alot of polish and cleaning... :cool:

I know its not much , And wasnt when it was new. But nice looking, Classy (imho) Looking bikes like this are the sort of thing that interests me :D

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

My dad's got one like that! I love the deep purple colour. Puchs do have something about them don't they? There's some really nice detailling, like the chrome tops to the fork.

I do love them... Going to be taking it out again tommorow as i havnt ridden it since i bought it. Been too wet so its just been daily hack territory

good to see Puch lovers outside of Austria - my first "propper" bike BITD, was a Puch Clubmann in lovely bordeaux; anyway, nice find :cool:

if you want to know more about the year of build, tell me the serial # and I will ask the Austrian Puch guru.

That would look great all stripped down with flipped bars, like a teenager might have done to his brand new bike in his dad's garage many many years ago...

Jonny69":3rynxcpn said:
That would look great all stripped down with flipped bars, like a teenager might have done to his brand new bike in his dad's garage many many years ago...

Gotta admit i thought that too. But ive decided against it. Only because of how bloomin nice it is to just "plod" along on... Its not quick. But its nice :)

Think the colour lends itself well to some period mods tho....

magas":3pbtrscn said:
good to see Puch lovers outside of Austria - my first "propper" bike BITD, was a Puch Clubmann in lovely bordeaux; anyway, nice find :cool:

if you want to know more about the year of build, tell me the serial # and I will ask the Austrian Puch guru.

Ah cheers for that. Ill get the serial and give you a p.m :D

Hey,

I've just inherited what I think is a Puch Sprint (have to collect it, but will post photos soon after).

Want to clean it up and start suing it as a daily ride, but it is in need of some serious restoration. Two buckled wheels, missing front derailleur & some surface rust.

Anyone got ideas on what modern components will fit?
This is going to be a fairly budget job of eBay bargains (although I may splash a bit on a new wheelset).

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Puch did the frame in 21" red and 23" purple. My dad bought me the 23" one when I was 13 thinking i'd grow into it (I didn't) 27x1 1/4 wheels and weinmann centre pulls. I sold it over 10 years ago but the owner has agreed to sell it back to me once he cuts it out of the tree growing through it.

Latest posts

Back