Your best ever bike

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Retrobikers,

I know I have raved on on various threads about how much I loved my Diamond Back Response Elite, should't have sold it blah blah. So, I got wondering, what has been your best ever bike? Do you still own it or is a distant memory.....

I'll split it into 2 catagories; hardtail and full sus.

For me its:
Hardtail: Diamond Back Response Elite, LX/XT, Manitou's, 94/95, No longer owned :(
Full Sus: GT RTS-2, LX/XT, 97, in my shed still :D

My best bike ever for the ability to do everything from Racing, commuting and general hacking about on weekend trips to the Wales etc. was my 1994 Orange P7 which had an mishmash of spec for strength and light weight. The RC-200 is the best performing bike i've owned but the P7 pip's it by having the ability to be 'Jack of all trades'. Died in 1997 when I hit a drainage ditch in the Brecon Beacons and the downtube kinked. Lives to this day owned by a pikeie friend who I donated it to who managed to strightern the kink out on his dads hydralic ram at work!!

Hardtail:1994 Orange P7 XTR/XT/Campag rims Hope hubs
Full Sus: N/A (never owned full bouncy)

GT karakoram Elite in midnight sky, 16", magura brakes, DX sti, cateye-cordless, massive L bend bar ends and a back rack.

:cry: sadly nicked.

Trimble, Trimble, Trimble................................................
Don't like suspension of any kind. Tried it c**p

And a trice recumbent for a laid back ride :D

Hardtail would be my first mountain bike, raleigh dynatech with DX groupset, thumbshifters and fairly std. Sadly it was stolen but I have now found a replacement and it shall be rebuilt!

Full sus is easy, favourite by miles is my Cannondale Super V, have had it for over 12 years now and it has taken amazing amounts of punishment and still works perfectly. Has been built up as cross-country bike, downhill, jump, dual slalom and now is being rebuilt with pace triple clamps, front disc and then a mish mash of Sachs, XT, XTR, thumbshifters and Onza HO ti pedals.

Ed

tintin40":1eje7u13 said:
I'm like cracked cd. just on and on about them :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Nowt wrong with that mate. If you find a brand you like stick with it :cool: (((points to bottom of this message)))

Best hardtail is a choice of 2 for me 1st the GT Bravado i idolised in 1993, sold that to pay for the insurance on my RS2. Then in 97 i had another bike revival and bought a Klein pulse comp s which was brill but like a tool i traded it in against an fsr. Although i am starting to get fond of my new budget Alpinestars a whopping £73 spent so far including purchase of the bike :LOL: :LOL:

Suspension bikes ive only ever had one make which was a 97 Specialized fsr (the box shaped one) spent a fortune on that, left it in my lbs having some work done on it and some low life ram raided the shop that night just for my bike :shock: Then a few years ago i managed to pick up another fsr for peanuts which i still have and wont ever get rid of :cool:

Back