2009 Giant XTC 4 - Cross Country build

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, it's been quite a start to 2011, think I'm on my third bike of the year already! From 2004 Specialized Enduro, to 2002 Kona Cinder Cone and now on to a 2009 Giant XTC!

I picked up a complete Giant XTC 4 a week ago. The guy I bought it off had rarely used it and it was near enough 'as new'. I wanted the frame so bought the whole thing and sold the parts off so I was left with a cheap decent frame.

Built it up last night and here's how it looks:

IMG_0027.jpg

Spec:

Frame: 2009 Giant XTC 4 - Medium
Forks: 2008 Fox F80RL
Groupset: Shimano XT
Brakes: Shimano XTR
Wheels: Superstar XC/AM Subzero
Tyres: Maxxis Cross Mark 2.1"

Weight: 25lbs

Think future upgrades will include a carbon seatpost and maybe some carbon handlebars.

Quite keen to loose a little more weight off the bike, although I've lost 17lbs myself over winter now I've stopped lifting weights and am now mainly doing cardio.

Hopefully this bike will stay for a bit!

getting rid of bodyweight will help you over the bikes actual weight, thats what im doing anyway.

nice ride, busy building a XC bike myself now.

EarlofBarnet":3pe580ms said:
Think the model I had was low end in the xtc range, but the higher end models are well specced (with a price to match). The frames alone in £450. Frame is nicely built with hydroformed tubes, and nice and light.

Headset is semi-intergrated, but 1 1/8".

Cool. Dont really get much press the XTC. Suppose its because they are more race orientated.

They get mixed reviews too. Think it is more race orientated as you say. Frames 2nd hand don't fetch too much, so worth a look. I'd recommend one.

All ready for the race at Whinlatter tomorrow:

6485fb8c.jpg

Removed the 'Fox' decals from the forks as it was peeling. Fitted some bar-ends and got a Giant computer. Race on :)

Back