My 1995 GT RTS-2 - Update

Mt GT RTS-2

This image was taken back around 1997.

Im in the process of getting back to this look if I can.

But Im keen to keep the yellow theme going.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,511
Stage 1 of the upgrade

Stage 1 of upgrading the bike to orginal specs.

Replace Forks with Mag 21

Saddle with Vetta SL

Bottle Cages - To match frame

Barends to match other parts - Original Zoom

Attachments

• Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,420
  • Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,420
Rebuild almost complete

Have added an original 1995 XT rear derailuer and now have only to fix the freehub on my set of Mavic 231CD Wheels.

Attachments

• 100_5538.jpg
    100_5538.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 2,262
dammit that looks cool. love it even more with the mags on - please dont take off that onza sticker either - it looks great on there.
gah - so many GT's i want, so little space. i'd love an ano purple rts or zaskar.

edit - just my 2 cents, but i dont think this bike wants restoring back to total showroom condition with NOS original components etc - it oozes personality and history as it is - just needs a little TLC to bring back its 97 glory IMO :D

My GT RTS 2

It did look pretty cool with the Judys.

Im still in two minds as to what I do. I can leave the Mag 21's on or put back on the Judys.

The only problem is that the Judys have no life in them. I have to rebuild them. I scored a heap of old judy aftermarket parts from the local bike shop and hopefully enough to rebuild them.

At least at the moment I can ride it and no, I wont be putiing on any NOS parts on it. All the parts on it are the original used parts......

Looking good chap, and I'm glad your not renovating/restoring it with NOS parts, as it is retaining the 'used but loved' look.

Heres mine following its little facelift; just added a bit of colour to it. My drivetrain is still all original.

Attachments

• DSCF3031[1].JPG
    DSCF3031[1].JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,387
Back