Chas Roberts

smush

Retro Newbie
Hi all
been lurking on here for some time, admiring some fantastic machines. I have posted before but this time and by way of introduction I though I'd throw up one of my rides. All parts except for bars, chain, pedals, cables, tape and tyres were sourced second hand in the last year or so. Frame is fillet brazed Dedacciai steel with a carbon monobox rear and reynolds ouzo pro fork. Group is campagnolo super record, wheels shamal ultras and finish kit a mix of thomson & fsa. Saddle is a specialized troupe and pedals are look keo blade's. Total weight as pictured is 7.78k, so just a touch over 17lbs, not bad for semi old school ride. Granted this may not necessarily be counted as retro although I do hope that's ok. I will, as soon as I've done a little refurb work, post a handbuilt Irish frame (built in 1997 in Reynolds 731os) by now sadly defunct builders 'Rapparee'. I'm pretty sure they have never been featured on here.
smush

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,438
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,437
cheers! wheels were bought before the frame, which then luckily turned out to be red and that's kind of as far as the color scheme went.

Back