Airborne 2000 Lucky Strike DB Rebuild

Looks cool :cool:

The titanium fairy has been to visit again :

DSC05870.jpg

(I couldn’t resist the spork :LOL:)

Hopefully this lot will stop the puncture fairy from visiting any time soon :

DSC05872.jpg

I should have a nice set of Crossmax to be trying that stuff on soon :cool:

I am going to have another go at blasting the Ti (tomorrow), I now have access to a free standing unit, big enough to fit a frame in that the owner will effectively rent to me by the hour. I am looking for a finish closer to what I got on the Marin bits :cool: We will see …

WD :D

Well not that the photos show much difference but the Ti (re) blasting went well :cool: the finish is more matt and now very similar to the stuff I did for the bear valley :D

I haven’t got a picture of the frame yet, its still mid prep for adding a few stickers etc but this is a good picture that catchers the finish accurately :

DSC05879.jpg

All bolts and washers etc are Ti and have had a nice coating of park anti seize :D

The chain ring bolts from Toronto wouldn’t fit – they weren’t long enough for the XTR setup (only a couple of threads engaging) and the next size up was to long :?

I had some new / spare Ti granny bolts (bought off here) so I modified them to suit. Doing this in the garage with hand tools is not recommended … :LOL:

DSC05890.jpg

Left - Standard Toronto Cycles bolt.
Middle - My modified bolt.
Right - Standard granny bolt that got fettled.
Front row - Finished nut / bolt (I got the double hex head type).

I put a nice brushed finish on them, all the Ti bolts (and non blasted Ti parts) are having this :cool:

Next update = Wheels / tyres and my first go at setting up tubeless …

Fantastic project.

I´m very interested on knowing how the titanium kit from TorontoCycles fits the XTR v-brakes...

So am I :LOL: I couldnt get a direct answer out of them (about the springs) but thought I would try them anyhow, just need to suss out out to strip the old ones off :?

The nuts, bolts, washers, pad holders, adjustment washers etc are all OK :cool:

The large HTII crank arm bolt wont fit the HTII M970 cranks though - about 1mm to big ? :(

Thanks :cool: without going daft it was the idea to use as much Ti as possible ;-)

The source of the Ti is probably dubious - I should really check it with a Geiger counter so I don't boil my balls ... :LOL:

Well after mithering GT-Steve for ages (about a year ! :shock: :LOL:) to sell me his crossmax’s he finally gave in – and even delivered them ! :cool:

Not sure of the vintage but quite modern I think, Marked up as SL SSC with the large flat aero spokes, milled rims etc They are all silver, any ideas on a year ? I will post pictures up soon :cool:

The crank looks nice with the new bolts, surprising how they brighten it up rather than the standard black ones :

DSC05895.jpg

DSC05901.jpg

Even the baby bolt didn’t escape the make over :LOL: :

DSC05902.jpg

Back