Dynatech owner - wondering about reviving this old thing...

keithface

Dirt Disciple
Hi Board,
new to this board, but it's excellent, wonder if you could help identify my bike spec, not sure what should be there now - in bits in the cupboard just now :cry:

It's a Dynatech Team replica, had it from new (and look at it now) used to compete on it and other bikes, but was my first proper 'race' bike - so said my MTB-uk mags - did have another decal set for this but lost it somehow :(

replaced a few things, but not too much, rear hub now XT, rim still araya as were the originals with greaseguard; one crank, headset (if anyone can spot form these photos what else then thanks. been out of mtb for so long, just grab 'n' drop this bike now, wanted to put a bit of respect its way after all these years. :oops:

thanks a lot
K
p.s. could someone confirm for me what size of headset my frame will take, or is it just the 1"?

Attachments

• 100_7200.jpg
    100_7200.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 955
  • 100_7207-1.jpg
    100_7207-1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 956
Looks like a bike with a lot of potential you have there!

Hope to see some beter pics soon, and if you need any help or advice there are a few of us Dyna Tech owners here.

Welcome! :D

Love the bike, had one myself, loved it to bits as it was my first racing MTB when I was in the Youth catagory.
Restore it now! :D
I know it ran Suntour, and I think (we're talking 15yrs ago :shock: ) it was full XC Pro groupo.
I ran mine with a Girvin Flexstem (remember them?! ;) )

I suppose one of the first steps in this restoration could be a good clean... :oops:
, I will try and find a pic of me & said bike when we were both younger & in one piece :roll: just for comparision,

one of my brothers borrowed it for a while a few years ago, and broke part of the wheel (a spoke or something!) so chucked the rear completely and replaced with XT & Araya rim [not a terrible replacement, but lost my loved Greaseguard hub etc., :( ]

p.s. how hard might it be to find a wtb greaseguard gun?

p.p.s. were all Dynatechs 1" headset size?

k

Russell":2c1ewm0c said:
I though that dynatechs were 1-1/8" up front?

I thought so too - certainly all mine are 1 1/8" headsets. The
Dyna-Techs are quill, M-Trax ahead.

I remember seeing a Team Replica at Claude Crimes dealership
in Chester - along with about 10 other Dyna-Techs, they were
a big dealer - in late 1991 (that seems so long ago now!).

Back