The Look Out, Bracknell.. any regulars?

Davey

Old School Hero
I've never been before but as I'm building a free ride style bike I'm tempted to go try out some novice trails :)

Is only down the road from me, is it worth visiting?

Cheers :D

Well worth visiting. Really need one of the locals to take you round though. Used to be some superb jump spots hidden away and some great singletrack. Used to ride there a lot but haven't for about 4-5 years.

Your best bet is to look up the berks on bikes club (search via google) and go out on there saturday ride. Normally about 2-3hrs at reasonable pace. Ideal first ride for newcomers.

HTH
Ed

Cheers for that will check out the site :) want some REAL novice stuff first, dont want to kill myself lol :D

Go to Bracknell all the time.
It has become very very busy...hard to park!
I rode my Slingshot there the past couple of weekends...untill the rear hub blew. Its not hard core but there are lots of little trails to keep the heart rate up.
Unfortunatly I am really busy for the next two or three weekends but hopefully can meet up then. We should see if there are any others out there. Theres a few Retro riders in Londinium.

I lived in Slough :oops: and knew round that way quite well. But only XC. nice in parts :)

I'm tied up for the next few weeks to, but hell yeah at some point will have to go take a trip there :)

Been a few times and am finally beginning to get my bearings. If anyone’s going on a retro ride there on a weekend morning I’d be up for it.

I’ve been trying to go every weekend for the last few weeks but its mighty difficult to persuade my north London mates to meet in south London at 8:30 on a Sunday morning to hack round a freezing cold forest so I’ve ended up watching country file instead. As interesting as that is I have been feeling kind of lazy.

hey davey,

we run a night ride from my shop every (most) tuesdays at 6:30pm, & there are always good freinds of the shop, who are out almost every sunday in the woods. they/we know the place very very well, which is a bonus! its soooo easy to get lost, or spend ages looking for the good bits :)

see my sig. below & give me a shout when around :) :)

cristian.

p.s i would love take one of my retro bikes out there, but it would get ragged, it to techy. but i will/may try to orginise a retro ride out towards newbury in the new year, (same as what i did with mbr mag last month)

Cheers Cristian :) , gonna shoot down there in the light one day first and check it out :D

I'd probably take my freeride style bike I've been building, I think my arse would hurt to much if I took one of the retro hard tails :)

Back